Honored Contributor

This TSV was probably planned before the new shades were even given the go ahead.  They'd rather go with what they have a track record on so they know what to order.  What I would like to know is if there is silicone in this product.  I'm not against silicone, but it is in the serum foundation and my Benefit brow pencil won't stick to it.

Super Contributor

I received mine and have to agree that the Complexion Rescue has very little coverage and I like it that way because it looks more natural but if coverage is what you like, this is not it. Think more of a tinted moisturizer or primer.

I got the Vanilla and the shade is fine, not too yellow on me and it's so sheer that it doesn't really matter as it will blend out to match a light complexion, yellow or not.

I won't wear it like this but just to see, I applied the Mineral Veil (fair-light) over it. with the brush provided, to see if it gave more coverage and it didn't but looked nice and natural and gave a more evened out tone.

Mineral Veil on it's own is a nice powder with SPF.

The all over face color on me is a blush. Only a blush.

No way am I going to wear it all over my face, it would look terrible and totally strange.. It has a little sheen and it's more on the peach side than on the pink, it's a warm shade. I think there is a tiny bit of brown in the peach.

I apply it and after 2 seconds on the skin it seems to darken, it's weird. It's an OK blush the kind of thing that I will use for a little while then move on.

The eyeshadow I dindn't like at all. It's brown but in a shade that looks really bad on me, I already threw it out.

The gloss is fine, I am a gloss girl anyway. The shade is not so strong on the lips as in the tube.

the brushes are nice, I always like brushes.

I'm on AD

Esteemed Contributor

@kesselrun

I am fortunate to have good skin, and I love  Complexion Rescue, but I consider the coverage to be light as well.

Respected Contributor

All presentations it appeared heavy and wet.  The model's hair kept getting stuck in it.

Valued Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

All presentations it appeared heavy and wet.  The model's hair kept getting stuck in it.

That does not last.  It sets quickly.

Respected Contributor

Well, I received it. I'm coming to the conclusion that of the powder foundations (IT, Laura Geller and Bare Minerals) I do best with Bare Minerals. They're all good, but the latter is best. I'd say, if you want coverage, IT is your very best bet. You get the best coverage with either her CC cream or her powder foundation. The Laura Geller has the least coverage for me. 

I used the tinted moisturizer (Complexion rescue) under the Mineral Veil. Definitely a nice way to make a base and the new MV is much better than those pale pink glittery ones, which I have to say, I'm not so fond of. 

The blush was a cross between blush and bronzer, Sunwashed Shell, the eye shadow was a nice neutral brown (I've used Shoreline before) 

Best of all, the lipgloss, California Dreamer is a good neutral your-lips warm pink. Unlike a past lipgloss that was way too light for me. I'm actually not that dark but I have pigmented lips. 

I changed my A/D to Suede from Natural, because Natural is a bit yellowish. It looks fine on me and will work well in summer when I get a bit of color. I'm more cool toned but sometimes neutral. I wear medium beige or medium. Either works.  I go warmer in summer (freckles and tan a bit) and cooler in winter when I pale out. I have warm green eyes (emerald rims with brown, kind of a dark hazel) but cool skin so I tend to bridge cool-blue with some slightly warm tones. 

For me, this is a keeper and I can use this daily. I still like Laura Geller for being able to carry it less messily and put it on quickly but for a good looking finish, this wins.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

It is VERY light coverage!  It's nice, but it's super light.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I received mine and I love it.  I like complexion rescue much better than IT CC as IT is much to thick and heavy for me.  I love the natural coverage with CR.  I love the all over face powder too.  It gives such a nice natural radiance.  Not really liking the eye color it washes out my eyes.  The gloss is the perfect color.  

Valued Contributor

I LOVE THIS KIT --- and it's the first Kit I've ordered and kept in 5 years!  The CR sold me as well as the price, EZ pay & AD.  They did this right -- products that work together and good brushes.  Wish I had a color choice for the gloss though.

I'm already on AD for the CR in Ginger -- got color matched at Sephora store because I couldn't make sense of the color chart and airhead titles.  I'm a Cali girl all my life but BE needs to be more precise in their color names & photos.  So I already LOVE the CR (it's supposed to be a light coverage, never advertised as 'full coverage') so I got my first kit in TAN.  Now I can mix shades & have another brush (my first order of just the CR & brush cost about half the price of this amazing Kit!).  The other 'tan' items are pretty dark (it changed my ethnicity!) so I'll use a light hand.  I'll get my next shipment in lighter GINGER & BE did us a solid by sending different products & brushes with each shipment! The Kit cost can't be beat -- and of all the 'tinted moisturizers/BB/CC' products I've tried the CR rates #1 for me (less is more, use the brush and work work it in -- it's really not greasy or goopy if you use the right amount).  I often mix some LG Champagne Spackle with the CR for a lightweight glow-y finish - I'm having FUN with this stuff -- thanks bareMinerals and QVC!

Trusted Contributor

@beautty wrote:

I LOVE THIS KIT --- and it's the first Kit I've ordered and kept in 5 years!  The CR sold me as well as the price, EZ pay & AD.  They did this right -- products that work together and good brushes.  Wish I had a color choice for the gloss though.

I'm already on AD for the CR in Ginger -- got color matched at Sephora store because I couldn't make sense of the color chart and airhead titles.  I'm a Cali girl all my life but BE needs to be more precise in their color names & photos.  So I already LOVE the CR (it's supposed to be a light coverage, never advertised as 'full coverage') so I got my first kit in TAN.  Now I can mix shades & have another brush (my first order of just the CR & brush cost about half the price of this amazing Kit!).  The other 'tan' items are pretty dark (it changed my ethnicity!) so I'll use a light hand.  I'll get my next shipment in lighter GINGER & BE did us a solid by sending different products & brushes with each shipment! The Kit cost can't be beat -- and of all the 'tinted moisturizers/BB/CC' products I've tried the CR rates #1 for me (less is more, use the brush and work work it in -- it's really not greasy or goopy if you use the right amount).  I often mix some LG Champagne Spackle with the CR for a lightweight glow-y finish - I'm having FUN with this stuff -- thanks bareMinerals and QVC!

@BSurLife65 can you tell me a little more about the tan set?  I ordered ginger and the foundation is a little pale for me.  I considered switching the next set to tan and mix the two a little, but not if the mineral veil and blush are way too deep as you say.  I feel like I'd be a perfect mix between tan and ginger in the CR.  I will say that the medium mineral veil is perfect.  It is so sheer it just takes the shine off my face without any white cast light other finishing powders tend to have.  but I never liked BE tinted mineral veil from the past because it had sort of a color of its own - an orange cast that I didn't like.  I would not want to order the tan set if the mineral veil was unwearable (switch next AD shipment to tan I mean...can go back and edit what I've written on my iPad...grrrr)