Contributor

Mastering the foundation in the Tarte TSV...

Anybody have any great application tips? I have tried mine twice now and I gotta be honest, I'm not loving it. With all the great reviews, I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong!

The first time I dotted a dime size amount lightly across my face and then used the brush to blend it in. It felt light and comfortable, but I didn't get anywhere near full coverage. You could still see my old acne marks and sun spots.

The next time I followed the directions and used a quarter size amount (seemed like so much!), using my fingers to blend it in before buffing with the brush. This time I got the nice full coverage, but felt like I was wearing a thick mask. It also got "greasy" within the first two hours.

Where is the happy medium? How much do you use? Do you dot it on and blend with brush? Or do you blend with fingers and use the brush for buffing only?

Maybe I'm just not a liquid foundation girl. I've been loving the clean feeling of BE matte (in Light) and LG balance and brighten (in Fair). This feels so "made up" in comparison. I do love the rest of the products in the kit, and I actually think the color (Light) is spot on for my skin if I could just figure out how to apply it.