Trusted Contributor

Re: Mascara primer

[ Edited ]

Thanks,everyone.  I bought a trial size of the IT and a regular size of the Urban Decay.  Both got great reviews on Ulta.  Happy New Year and thanks for your always helpful suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

Always Shiseido..they had one a few years ago and it was so awesome and then stopped making it and then brought out another, it's very good too! Nourishing Primer and it's clear..no clumps or white globs like Lancome...or other white types.

I've tried everything and even the new one from Estee Lauder's new Little Black Primer which really dries out fast and basically waterproofs my already applied mascara...will not buy again.

It Cosmetics Primer is my fave as well....makes a real nice basline for my eyes, love the small wand that does that trick to tightline filling in gaps ... it's a great concept! it stays put all day and nearly waterproof for me.. I need that.

PS: I sampled that new Benefit Brown Primer...to me this was lousy! it smeared in minutes...it's awful! and does not "set" it's not worth 1.00 to me and so much hype? odd.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

Always Shiseido..they had one a few years ago and it was so awesome and then stopped making it and then brought out another, it's very good too! Nourishing Primer and it's clear..no clumps or white globs like Lancome...or other white types.

I've tried everything and even the new one from Estee Lauder's new Little Black Primer which really dries out fast and basically waterproofs my already applied mascara...will not buy again.

It Cosmetics Primer is my fave as well....makes a real nice basline for my eyes, love the small wand that does that trick to tightline filling in gaps ... it's a great concept! it stays put all day and nearly waterproof for me.. I need that.

PS: I sampled that new Benefit Brown Primer...to me this was lousy! it smeared in minutes...it's awful! and does not "set" it's not worth 1.00 to me and so much hype? odd.

Oh, glad I read this...I was going to try benefit primer, since I like the mascara, but. I'll skip it.   I used to love Shiseido mascara, but then found it got dry and clumpy too soon.  I haven't tried their primer, but I like the idea of something nourishing.

Trusted Contributor

Lancome