Frequent Contributor

I have a big problem with dishonest "after" photos. Just saw yet another one with different lighting for the after photo, and it had cropped out some of the crows' feet area so that the after photo is useless. In addition, one before photo had the model doing a very very subtle but effective Mona Lisa smile to accentuate the lines around her mouth. Disappointed in QVC for allowing or being an accomplice to these ploys.

Contributor

Re: Manipulated ""after"" photos

Which product/photos are you referring to? It's hard to comment on something without a point of reference.

Honored Contributor

When my before looks better than their after, I figure I better stick with what I'm using.

Esteemed Contributor

They have been doing this for years.

Regular Contributor

YES..... i do!!!

Not just that...... but also the Before & After photos that EVERYONE uses..... Isomers, Skinn, QVC & HSN

and when vendors say: 1 photo in particular where they say we put a weight in the cheek to measure .... Isomers did that AND I emailed them that that IS a testing photo my the manufactures and Manuala quickly changed to say the manufacture of the ingredient did a test to measure .........

Dimitri ALSO has been using the SAME photo and saying HE / they put a weight in the cheek to measure ....... SAME PHOTO - Linda Marshall uses the SAME one but does say the manufacture of X ingredient testing shows ....................

what BUGS me are the photos they take ONLINE (STOCK photos) that have been there forever & using them as THEIR before & afters...... I also see them on websites for other skincare being used

You'll see ALOT of QVC, HSN & SHOP vendors using the SAME photos

Josie says she was and is the 1st to bring Argan Oil out BUT Adrienne from HSN SCA was..... she had a line out WELL BEFORE Josie made it to QVC with her Oil..... just saying

ALSO when other Vendors CLAIM like Manuala that she was the 1st with peptides WHEN IN FACT it was Linda Marshall with Argireline AND Matrixyl 2000 - 2001

Trusted Contributor

Hi - Are you talking about the Josie Maran before and afters? Yes, I noticed that the "before" photo had the Mona Lisa smile and the after photo did not. It is disappointing.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I don't care about the photos. I care about how a product works for me and as long as I can return a product that I'm unhappy with, I'm good.

It's NOT just the shopping channels that use photography techniques to show differences, it the way of advertising, period, and it's done not just with make-up but with hair products and even food.

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

Honestly, I don't care about the photos. I care about how a product works for me and as long as I can return a product that I'm unhappy with, I'm good.

It's NOT just the shopping channels that use photography techniques to show differences, it the way of advertising, period, and it's done not just with make-up but with hair products and even food.

Words of wisdom, BiN! You're right -- if you want to try it (the ingredients, the reviews, whatever), try it. Don't like it, send it back. If people are expecting to have the jaw dropping results of the B&A's and don't get them, they'll have a lot of returns.

Super Contributor

I have noticed Demetri manipulating the model's face with his split screen B/A. On the treated side he is pulling up on the skin, making the after appear even better; on the untreated side he pushes down on the skin, making the before appear worse than it really is. The Rodail, also on shophq, shows the before model photos with a full smile, after photo an unsmiling face. Like the Mona Lisa smile making it look more pronounced. They think they are so smart.

Frequent Contributor

Look at all the ads for mascara. It's obvious the models are wearing false lashes.