Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I agree - she's a beautiful girl, but they always seem to overdo her makeup and her coloring is a little unusual anyway, so it's not a helpful demo in my opinion. And don't get me started on the lash demos!

There was a young woman the camera stayed on for a minute and she had lashes that were very long.....beautiful. However, when Mally's mascara was added to them, you could see that the mascara didn't separate them properly and although it added length, they ended up looking like tarantula extensions. For the life of me I cannot understand how Mally can think that it looks good and is a selling point for her mascara?{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Respected Contributor

Ah, I like Stacy Ann. It's not my coloring, but I don't see a problem with using her at all.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I just wish they would use a lighter foundation on her.

Frequent Contributor
I wish they would demo the foundations on the hand. I hate those face charts , I don't think they are helpful at all , many of the shades look the same.
Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Ah, I like Stacy Ann. It's not my coloring, but I don't see a problem with using her at all.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I just wish they would use a lighter foundation on her.

She is a beautiful girl with a porcelain complexion. Mally darkens her complexion with foundation and I just don't understand why she doesn't "match" her skin tone with the appropriate foundation. She can always add a bronzer if she wants her to look more tan. One of the rules I learned years ago was that you should match your complexion to look natural and then add blush or bronzer.

Valued Contributor

Jumping in here to agree that I am always surprised when they say she is wearing medium because her coloring seems so fair in every other way and she does look like she has a tan rather than her own natural complexion. She is a pretty girl but it would be interesting to see how she looked in a Light or Fair/Light shade with a nice shade of blush. It does bother me when vendors put make up on models that are already wearing a full face of make up. It makes me think that to get their look you actually have to do a lot to achieve it that they are not showing you. It's not as simple as just putting on a certain foundation or a particular concealer. But we all watch and shop anyway so I guess they feel it's working!!!!

Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Xenagirl said: I wish they would demo the foundations on the hand. I hate those face charts , I don't think they are helpful at all , many of the shades look the same.

I totally agree.

I want to see the actual FOUNDATION color, not some face chart.

For example, I am very fair. If their face model is blonde, it skews my impression of the shade. My hair is dark. It looks very different on blonde vs dark hair.

I can do a better job of judging whether a foundation shade might work for me by seeing the actual shade.

I find the darkest shades confusing with face charts as well.

Show us the actual foundation!!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 virgosun said:

Jumping in here to agree that I am always surprised when they say she is wearing medium because her coloring seems so fair in every other way and she does look like she has a tan rather than her own natural complexion. She is a pretty girl but it would be interesting to see how she looked in a Light or Fair/Light shade with a nice shade of blush. It does bother me when vendors put make up on models that are already wearing a full face of make up. It makes me think that to get their look you actually have to do a lot to achieve it that they are not showing you. It's not as simple as just putting on a certain foundation or a particular concealer. But we all watch and shop anyway so I guess they feel it's working!!!!

Very true. I think she would be prettier in a lighter shade.

Hyacinth