New Contributor

Mally mascara comes with cancer warning

Has anyone heard that Mally mascara may cause cancer? My tubes came with a cancer warning sticker stuck on the side of the box. Made me think of the sticker on a pack of cigarettes. This is what it says: WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. Did anyone else get this or have any info about this?
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally mascara comes with cancer warning

Yes, this has been discussed here. You can find the answer in this previous thread (LINK).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
New Contributor

Thank you suzyQ3, for your reply. What mascara do you use? I may send this back.
Regular Contributor

I noticed this with some ankle weights and rubber toning bands!! NOT GOOD! You might try other mascaras such as Korres, Skinn or other organic! I would sure not use that Mally with that sticker!!!

Honored Contributor

California marks so many products as cancer-causing I don't understand how anyone survives in that state.

I know nothing about mascara, though, or how many other companies have to mark theirs as a possible carcinogen. If there are several, then this is just California on overload. If it's only Mally - I'd be careful.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 millieshops said:

California marks so many products as cancer-causing I don't understand how anyone survives in that state.

I know nothing about mascara, though, or how many other companies have to mark theirs as a possible carcinogen. If there are several, then this is just California on overload. If it's only Mally - I'd be careful.

Actually, we survive quite well, thank you very much. {#emotions_dlg.lol} And I'm one who is grateful that my state is at least attempting to keep us and our environment safe.

In my earlier post here, I linked to the thread where someone posted the reply from Mally's company. There is an ingredient in the mascara that is on the Prop 65 list of potentially toxic substances. Does that mean that the mascara might harm a consumer? I have no idea. But if a substance is on that list, the warning has to accompany it in California.

As for other companies having to mark their mascara that way, there might be, but I haven't read about them here.

To the OP, you asked me which mascara I use. I'm not a big user, but when I do, it's Lancome's Definicil. I don't like very obvious-looking mascara. Definicils is exactly what I like -- it separates the lashes well and looks natural.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Oh great . . . thanks.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

Here is the link to California's Prop. 65 list

http://www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/P65single013114.pdf

I, too, am thankful that we are made aware of possibly harmful chemicals in our products. It's our choice whether to use them based on the information provided.

Super Contributor

I lived in California and recently moved to another state so I can say that:

California puts death stickers on light bulbs for goodness sake.

California puts death stickers on everything.

because California thinks the state population are all 3 yr olds and cannot make decisions for themselves.

Regular Contributor

chi5925 I love your sense of humor.