Contributor

It is a shame to have your name and reputation attached to a product that does not live up to your standards and you have not say in quality.  I feel bad for her ,I truly do.  I hope there is some way she can recover from this and re-invent herself in the form of a line that is in collaboration with someone (I am sure there is some sort of non-compete in whatever contract she signed though).

For the first time I checked out (swatched) some colors of eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, and foundation (what little was left on display in a retail store) and I found the shadows dry and not pigmented, the lipsticks were not really pigmented, and the foundation - hard to tell, but in general all a no go for me (seemed to lack the quality that I saw on display previously). The sheen and qualities that caught my eye in the past just was not there but wanted to try anyway.  I had not had any previous experience with her products but I have a friend that is a big lover of her products (swears by them) and she always looks fantastic.  Her makeup was always dewey luminous and fresh, she never looked dry or cakey.  Her color is spot on and not over or underdone.  I believe this had to be what she was getting in the past.  i will have to ask her what she is using now as I have not seen her in a bit due to our scheudles being crazy.  

I will stick to Geller, UD (cannot get enough of), and Perricone for skincare.  I do buy some other things - Peter Thomas Roth Mascara is my go to - does not irritate my sensitive eyes, Tarte eyelash  primer is a go to, tarte lip primer, Bare Minerals and Buxom line from them and some S brand items are really good.  When will be see Buxom here from Bare Minerals now that they are not exclusive to S anymore?  They were exclusive to the S store but that recently changed.  Hoping the bring it to QVC now.

Trusted Contributor

I sent the kit back. I was very disappointed in the foundation. It was very orange (Med) and went on like a cheap powder. The lipgloss was very sticky. The only thing that I liked was the mascara. 

I was also very disappointed in Mally. She said that the foundation turned creamy when applied to the skin. Sadly that was a lie. This was the first time that I felt lied to by Mally and QVC. Smiley Sad

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

All this just breaks my heart.  I love Mally and have worn her products for years, they are my go-to.  I'm sure this must be hard for her.  Maybe once things bounce back, if she has any control, she can get the quality back up there and the products not made in China.

BTW - I did hear her say "bullet proof".

Super Contributor

beach-mom, you wrote some very nice things about Mally. I to hope some time in the future she can get her name back and bring new products that are up to her high standards. Maybe it will take awhile, we in the mean time can use up all our old products!

Trusted Contributor

I never cared for the old Mally products as they were never "bullet proof" on me personally.  I tried a couple of different items over the last few years.  I did love her shadow base though.  Now that the company has been sold (I don't know to who) and I do believe it was due to a bankruptcy, I will definitely not buy.  Kind of like Philosophy and Tarte.  I used to love Tarte - once Maureen sold to a company that tests on animals, I jumped ship.  I also don't buy Philosophy ever because it is owned by Coty and they test on animals.  Unfortunately, money talks no matter the price sometimes.  It's sad.

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I never cared for the old Mally products as they were never "bullet proof" on me personally.  I tried a couple of different items over the last few years.  I did love her shadow base though.  Now that the company has been sold (I don't know to who) and I do believe it was due to a bankruptcy, I will definitely not buy.  Kind of like Philosophy and Tarte.  I used to love Tarte - once Maureen sold to a company that tests on animals, I jumped ship.  I also don't buy Philosophy ever because it is owned by Coty and they test on animals.  Unfortunately, money talks no matter the price sometimes.  It's sad.

Same here rearding Tarte and Philosophy. Much of  Mally's products didn't work well for me to begin with but now it is even worse.  It is sad how much things change when good companies are sold. Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

I rarely send anything back, but, had to return her last 2 tsv sets. I'm fair/cool and the fair foundations were both very yellow/dark. Neither was for " the Nicole Kidmans of the world" as they stated. 

Super Contributor

I definitely tend to agree with many of these posts.  I do love the tsv, though I have noticed the eyeshadow sticks are no longer made in Italy! I think it's a good value and I do love a lot of the products.  The lip shallac is very sticky but it does ok over a lip liner, lipstick and just a dab of it.  For all over lipcolor, way too sticky.  Reminds me of the Lancome juicy tubes, which whenever they air them on hsn they go on and on about how they are not sticky.  Lie.  Just talk about the good things, the shine, the staying power, the 8 hours moisturization, but why lie and say they aren't sticky!?!  Anyway, back to Mally, i wish the brand had not changed but it has.  I even purchased a kit in Ulta and one of my favorite products is now, sadly, made in China.  I do hope it was a one-time thing for this extra-value kit!  The eyeshadow sticks were and continue to be my go-to in the morning; there is nothing quicker or easier.  The colors are very pretty to me, and I look forward to the next A/D.

Spoiler

Valued Contributor

I'm sending mine back too.  I bought the kit because of the foundation and it was a miss on many levels, the rest of the products were just OK, IMO.

I do like watching Mally, but I'm passing on any TSVs with "worldwide launches" (from Mally or anyone else) - too many misses for me lately.  Will be hard for me, as I love a deal.  But it's not a deal if only a few products in a kit are keepers.

Honored Contributor

@MommyAngie wrote:

I rarely send anything back, but, had to return her last 2 tsv sets. I'm fair/cool and the fair foundations were both very yellow/dark. Neither was for " the Nicole Kidmans of the world" as they stated. 

No they aren't, are they? I think she thinks all women have some degree of yellow undertones but we don't!