Regular Contributor

I've been looking at this and pondering buyg it for a few weeks now. I've read good reviews and bad reviews, and I can't decide.Maybe you can help me!

I am 60 years old with fine lines, dry skin and larger pores. I want to smooth out my complexion by diffusing the look of pores and fine lines, so I would use this either by itself or over/under a foundation.

Do you ike this product? Does it really smooth things out like it says?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Honored Contributor

@JuLee, are you talking about the poreless face defender in the compact with the sponge? If so, I just started using it and love it. I am 51, dry skin with larger pores and it does smooth out my pores and fine lines. Makes my skin look and feel silky smooth after application. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Face Defender

[ Edited ]

This is one of my HG products - I won't go without it! I use it over everything when I've finished my makeup. On days I wear just tinted moisturizer, I still wear this. It gives me a finished look and makes my combination skin feel wonderful! I don't have a problem with pores, but it does make my skin look smooth. I'm on auto-delivery for it, and I don't do that for many products! I think you'll like it. It's unlike anything else out there! I've been using it for years! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@JuLee

When I first got the MFD loved it -did what Mally said but the more using it for a bit the more I got those little whiteheads everywhere.  The other thing that happened that I noticed was that it seemed to make my skin heavier and felt it dragged my skin down. It has silicone which causes the problem.

Now the  foundation I use Laura Gellars balance and brighten.

Respected Contributor

Love Mally's Face Defender! Softens everything and holds it in place. I especially like it AFTER I have dusted my face with powder, and around the eye area!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

@loveschocolate

Yes, I'm talking about the (clear) Poreless Face Defender in the compact with the sponge. Sorry, I didn't make that very clear!

Thank you~ You are all making this look very appealing to me!

Respected Contributor

I discovered this over a year ago and have not used a powder since. I was getting very concerned recently when it disappeared from retail sites (including Mally's) but it seems to be back and I'm very relieved. I do have it stockpiled, lol, but would have run out eventually. Just be sure you apply it as recommended by tapping it on your face, never wiping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Face Defender

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

@JuLee

When I first got the MFD loved it -did what Mally said but the more using it for a bit the more I got those little whiteheads everywhere.  The other thing that happened that I noticed was that it seemed to make my skin heavier and felt it dragged my skin down. It has silicone which causes the problem.

Now the  foundation I use Laura Gellars balance and brighten.

There are only 6 ingredients total and the first 5 of the 6 ingredients are silicones so yes, I'd say it contains silicones, lol! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Add me to the list of lovers of this product!

2 thumbs up, don't want to EVER be w/o it, can't live w/o it....yes, a couple of spares stockpiled

I use it either totally alone or AFTER everything else.  A finisher.  I never use it under foundation, primer or anything else.

Takes away my midday shine, minimizes my pores, smooth and polished look.

I agree....TAP,  never smear it on.  I have the large size with the puffy triangle sponge.  That is terrific!

I also have the To Go size compact which only has a small round sponge in the base.  But still...be sure to tap, tap.

Regular Contributor

I stopped off at Ulta on the way home from work tonight and picked this up. I'll let you know in a few days how this works for me. Any more tips for me??