Valued Contributor

Mally 24/7 Professional 16pc Gel Nail System PROBLEM!

Bought this nail combination polish, UV light. Piece of junk. Hated the colors but decided to give it a try. I used a red, the other colors were ugly.

Followed all the directions and used the UV to dry my nails.

Felt it wasn't worth the money as I did not like the colors of the polish and the UV light did nothing to dry my nails. I wound up using a little fan I use when I do my nails.

Question is....I cannot get the polish off. I sent back the kit and do not have their polish remover. I tried every nail polish remover and it will not put a dent in the polish.

It is now a month since I sent it back so my nails look terrible as the nails have grown out.

Can someone suggest a polish remover which can remove this polish (gel).

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mally 24/7 Professional 16pc Gel Nail System PROBLEM!

Pure acetone.  You need to use a file to scuff up the polish first.  Then you need to soak them in the acetone in a bowl (Malays kit supplies the bowl) or cotton balls soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil for 10-15.  It's a pain to remove.  You can have it removed at a salon too.

You must have waited an awful long time with a fan to get gel polish to set!  I didn't know that gel polish would ever set without the lamp.  I use her kit but I use the lamp to set each coat of polish.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry that the kit wasn't what you expected it to be...I saw gel polish remover at Walmart...it's available almost everywhere.  You can also go to a beauty supply store.

Respected Contributor

you can also drop into a nail salon and have them remove the gel polish.