Respected Contributor

I pickd a tag off of the Christmas Tree at Chruch yesterday  and the card said makeup, or  body lotion and a few other items. I would like to know if anyone has seen any kits which has a variety of makeup products in it not just eyshadows but other items as well. I haven't started looking yet but will be this week. Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup For A 16 Year Old

@cuddlesmama

Clinique.com-

A Case of the Pretties Gift Set

A Case of the Pretties Gift Set

A confident lip, a come-hither wink. It must be a case of the pretties. Get holiday-ready with our limited-edition palette for eyes, lips and cheeks. Features seven shadows, four lipsticks and two blushes. You also get step-by-step how-to’s. Makes a great gift—that you may want to keep for yourself.

A $122 value.

US$29.50
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama

Sephora-

$15

SEPHORA COLLECTION   Wishes Come True Eye and Face Makeup Palette

ITEM 1698471

What it is:
This eye and cheek makeup palette features six eye shadows, a blush, and two highlighters to create a radiant winter look.

What it does:
This multipurpose slide-out palette contains subtle, luminous colors to help you endure winter weather and look good doing it. Six eye shadows enhance eyes, while a fresh pink blush and two highlighters provide a fresh and luminous look.

This set contains:
- 6 x 0.024 oz Eyeshadows in Take a Selfie, Caffe Latte, Creamy Cashmere, Friday Night, Scented Candle, Pretty Pearls
- 2 x 0.063 oz Highlighters in Nighttime Glow, Midnight Magnificence
- 0.123 oz Blush in Feeling Pretty

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama

$39- Sephora

Givenchy Les Mini Prismes

ITEM 1625359

What it is:
A mini compact box that includes Givenchy makeup must-haves for eyes, face, and cheeks—plus a mini powder brush and mini eye shadow applicator.

What it does:
This multipurpose compact box contains gorgeous, brilliant colors to enhance your eyes, face, and cheeks. Highlight your eyes with the eye shadow quad—Le Prisme Yeux Quator in Purple Show. It’s packed with four ultrasoft eye shades that are long lasting. The compact face powder, Le Prisme Visage Mat Face Powder, has a unique array of powder shades that are enriched with atomized particles to give you flawless radiance and a matte finish. Then bring a flush of color to cheeks with the Le Prisme Blush in Vintage Pink 22, a high pigment blush that delivers fresh color to the cheeks. This box’s high-tech, sophisticated packaging has a magnetic opening device on the top and also a convenient mirror on the inside.

This set contains:
- 0.10 oz Le Prisme Yeux Quator in Purple Show 71
- 0.10 oz Le Prisme Visage Mat Face Powder in Beige Mouseeline 84
- 0.10 oz Le Prisme Blush in Vintage Pink 22
- Mini powder brush
- Mini eye shadow applicator

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for these suggestions. I will have check these out!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have a local Walgreens they will likely have several sets to choose from. The one below is from e.l.f.

e.l.f. Beauty Clutch

nail polish sets

Piggy Paint Non-toxic Nail Polish 3 Piece Gift Set Toe-tally Fancy

Makeup brushes from Ecotools

{{productDet.productInfo.productDisplayName}}

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama

Teens like L'Occitane (Q)

MAC

Yes, Sephora, too

Victoria's Secret (makeup)

BBW body lotion

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama  Hopefully you know this girl and whether or not she wears makeup already, more importantly if it's okay with her parents.  I'm probably dating myself with questions like these but it's possible she wears very little, none at all, or she's really not allowed to wear it at all. 

I really like the trio of nail polishes.  Hopefully the colors are soft enough so as to not distract at school.  All girls like to do their nails so I think this would be very appropriate.  I might very well toss in a nice lip gloss or two as well, again soft colors.

I would not go any further with any makeup ideas though.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I pickd a tag off of the Christmas Tree at Chruch yesterday  and the card said makeup, or  body lotion and a few other items. I would like to know if anyone has seen any kits which has a variety of makeup products in it not just eyshadows but other items as well. I haven't started looking yet but will be this week. Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA

Is this tree for a Salvation Army Angel Tree or similar charity or a church gift exchange? This makes a difference.

If this is for a charity for a child whose family cannot afford gifts, I would not get her a Givenchy item and would go for a lesser name. People get very judgmental and even hostile when they see someone with a luxury item paying for something with food stamps or collecting other charity goods. While she may love the luxury of a gift like that, it may come with the added bonus of have to answer questions like, "Why do you have that when your mom can't afford to buy you food, pay rent, etc?" She doesn't need to be explaining her special gift to others, but that's what might end up happening because it happens all the time.

Respected Contributor

You already have some great suggestions, but I think many teens like lip gloss best of all.  I got a teenager a box of about 12 lip glosses shaped like chocolates a number of years ago.  I got it on the Q.  I was told she picked a different one each day to wear.  This is probably my favorite present I ever found for someone in that age group.