Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup Artist Would You Love To Have a Private Session With?

Mally

Holly Mordini

Jay Manuel

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Eve Pearl ! Everyone she touches looks beautiful, even ordinary people.  That takes talent!

I'd like to be in the studio while a friend sat captive and allowed Adrienne Arpel to push her eyelids up into her hairline, slap that pancake makeup on and brush on lopsided lips.  It would be a contest of who could maintain composure the longest before collapsing in gales of laughter.  I love Adrienne ( she's gutsy, confident, self assured)  but her method is rather coarse.

Respected Contributor

I'd love to have it done by any really good make-up artist.  I'd especially love to have my eyebrows shaped by someone who was really talented.  If I had to pick, I'd go with Wayne Goss, though I didn't think of him until others mentioned him. 

Super Contributor

This is a real oldie - Max Factor - I just watched a tv program about Hollywood and he was featured in it. Showed him doing Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and other stars from that era and before. For  the products he had to work with he was "amazing".  He made his makeup and equipment. He is truly the godfather of makeup.

Respected Contributor

This wasn't a private session, but when QVC had a store in the Mall of America back in the day Laura Gelller did a makeover for me. What a treat it was and I will never forget it.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

This wasn't a private session, but when QVC had a store in the Mall of America back in the day Laura Gelller did a makeover for me. What a treat it was and I will never forget it.

Did she use cosmetics you would have chosen? Or did she pick items you never would have thought of to use on yourself?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

In the 70's  my cousin had a private make up lesson with Way Bandy at his apartment in NYC.  She said he was polite, quiet and very gentle.  That night was the best she has ever looked in her life and when she had to wash her face she was crying because she knew she would never look that beauriful again.  He was a very sweet man gone too soon,

Valued Contributor

Several months ago I had my make up done at Blue Mercury in NJ by a visiting Laura Mercier make up artist.  I don't know how she did it even though I bought several products .but she made my skin look poreless and perfect .  Bought the foundation and Rose oil she mixed with it and I remember she applied a light dusting of powder which I didnt buy.  So far I have not been able to get my skin to look the same.....sigh!

Esteemed Contributor

Eat your hearts out(just kidding), but I've actually been in the makeup chair for Bobbi Brown, Holly Mordini, Byron Barnes, and Eugenia Weston (Senna).  They are fine artists, but the guy who has won my heart for makeup application and tips is Lancome's Robert Cook.  He is awesome!  I would love to sit in the chair for him, but for now I will continue to enjoy his presentations with Lancome on HSN.  I would not mind sitting for Laura Geller, but we wouldn't get anything done because I have a feeling there would be too much chatting and laughing Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Robert Jones MUA

Is he the Lancome Makeup artist?

No, he doesn't work for any company. He has videos on youtube and  has done many magazine covers. I  think he is great!!