Valued Contributor

Anyone have the problem of too thick liquid foundation? Is there anything I can add so I can save it? Thanks.

Respected Contributor

You can put foundation on the back of your hand and mix with moisturizer or small amount of oil. I would not add anything to the bottle.

Honored Contributor

Re: Make up question

[ Edited ]

@frenchie wrote:

Anyone have the problem of too thick liquid foundation? Is there anything I can add so I can save it? Thanks.

What kind of foundation is it? If it's oil-based, you can mix it with some oil, like argan. If it's an oil-free foundation, I'd mix it with an oil-free moisturizer. You can also mix it with a primer or a luminzer. Like @Iwantcoffee said, I would mix it on the back of my hand and not add the liquid to the foundation. 

I mix my own tinted moisturizer most mornings by putting some moisturzer on the back of my hand and adding some foundation and luminous primer. I mix it all together and apply for custom coverage and finish.

Respected Contributor

all good answers.  i think if i wore foundation and it was too thick i would put it on my hand and thin it out with moisturizer with spf added.

Honored Contributor

All summer long, I've been mixing a Dr. Denese tinted moisturizer with another mositurizer with a similar SPF.  I lose a tiny bit of the tint that way, but otherwise, I'd be tossing that foundation.

As others have advised, I mixed each day's quantity as I need it - nothing goes  into the bottles themselves.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

You can put foundation on the back of your hand and mix with moisturizer or small amount of oil. I would not add anything to the bottle.

This!

Honored Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

@frenchie

I use M/U mostly for color, so most foundations, etc. are too thick for my purpose.  I mix about 50//50 foundation with isomers BB to thin it down.  I suspect any BB might work, but I like isomers because it has no color.  If I used one with color, it would be more color than I like.

If you use serums, you might mix a drop of one of them in.

** When I say mix, read - mix a drop of each in your palm.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Occasional Contributor

This way is how I do as well. I put some amount (a little bit less than I usually use with other products) on back of my hand, and drop one to two drops of face oil, or mix with moisturizers. This way makes the foundation moist and I think it also makes the makeup look more naturally.  

Honored Contributor

Ha......wallpaper paste isn't thick enough to hide what I've got................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

You can always use a powder foundation instead of the liquid so you can control how much you want on your face. 

When I wear liquid foundation I do mix it with my Dr. Denese SPF tinted moisturizer and this way it isn't as thick on my face. Otherwise I put my Bare Escentuals on over my Dr. D SPF moisturizer and BE primer. I don't need to put much on.