Esteemed Contributor

Re: Madam C J Walker Products

This line is being presented right now on BeautyiQ.
Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I am thrilled to see this: I know her from history-not her hair care.  I am Caucasian, but I was always enthralled with her story: the tide against her, she had ideas-and dreams-and she worked against adversity at a time when other than selling eggs and taking in mending-there was not much that women could do.

I will look at her line: in the description, it did indeed say there are products for everybody... if there is not, this is beautiful.....can you imagine what her reaction would be?

I loved the movie "Joy" about Joy Mangano: she and Madame Walker have so much in common-swimming against adversity- and overcoming obstacles.

I am personally saddened that this is tucked in the wee hours of the morning, and I am not going to inflame... I'm on EST, so there were probably a few other brands that made their appearance then, so I am not judging.

Poodlepet2

I am happy-

Poodlepet2

Hello @Poodlepet2.  This line was introduced immediately following the TSV lead-in on QVC, repeated 3 hours later on QVC Plus. It's now presenting live with customer interaction on BeautyiQ.  And I see it's scheduled for additional showings.

As to your being personally saddened at it being "tucked in to the wee hours..." It's actually tucked in 'round the clock on the 3 stations, at whatever hours were negotiated and agreed upon long ago. I'd imagine higher sales will command a larger viewership timeslot in the future. 

The young lady doing the presentation is clearly an experienced professional, but has never appeared and held down an hour on QVC before. Introducing an established product to a new, much larger audience must be thrilling for her. I watched her first presentation and I hope she can keep up her enthusiasm. 

Valued Contributor

I've tried 4 products and frankly, I don't understand the hype. It might be me because the reviews are 5 star all over the Internet. Another possibility is the integrity of the reviews. When reviews are loaded with so much love and enthusiasm, I start to wonder if it is friends or family hoping to make the line a success. I have color treated and heavily highlighted hair. I must blow dry with a round brush and follow up with a straightener or my Calista curler to manage the frizz. 

I didn't see or feel different results from the Deep Conditioning Masque. I can get the same results with less expensive brands. I like the Dream Come True Protein Prewash. Too much protein can damage the hair so I never leave it on more than 15 minutes and only use twice a month. I kept the set and will use them up but won't rebuy. The Silkening Blow Out Creme was okay, again nothing to rave about. The Silkening Leave In was a complete bust since I couldn't get the product out of the bottle, it's way too thick. I took the lid off and smacked it against my hand and still couldn't get the product to come out. I returned both.  Hope this helps.