Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's 15% Off Beauty Sale

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well, thank you very much, little Miss @Suebdoo. I did go to Macy's to get a back-up of my Lancome stick foundation, but then, darn you, I also succumbed to the Tartist Pro palette. But if I don't love, it's going back.

LOL @suzyQ3@ @ g/f 😎 I thought I was doing a good deed !! I'm sure you will be kind enough to give me a review by this weekend so you can then enable moi ......I believe that's fair😁 I want to pick it up at my Macy's.  Apparently no makeup is available in Albuquerque.  Not sure what's up with that.

Did you get the gift of the highlighter ?  Shows out of stock online......but.....last time I ordered something and the gift wasn't available I called CS and they asked if 20% off my order would be ok instead.  My total was over $200.  I really had to think about that.  The GWP was a mini mascara.  Guess what I decided? LOL  And No I didn't think too long and hard on that offer. 😁

@Suebdoo, the Lancome gift if you spent over $35 is a mascara and makeup remover. The mascara was Definicils.

I'm not so sure about this Tarte Tartist palette. First of all, it has a vanilla scent. Why in the world does eyeshadow need a fragrance. Second, it seems to be very powdery and dusty. I'll try again tomorrow but will likely return it.

ugh I hate when companies do this @suzyQ3! Just like Too Faced and their chocolate smelling shadows and foundations. I am sorry, just not into smelling that all day long and, in my exeperience, you do. I used to love Tarte shadows but I find they have gotten very mediocre in the past several years. Too bad too, they used to be so creamy and smooth with a rich payoff.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well, thank you very much, little Miss @Suebdoo. I did go to Macy's to get a back-up of my Lancome stick foundation, but then, darn you, I also succumbed to the Tartist Pro palette. But if I don't love, it's going back.

LOL @suzyQ3@ @ g/f 😎 I thought I was doing a good deed !! I'm sure you will be kind enough to give me a review by this weekend so you can then enable moi ......I believe that's fair😁 I want to pick it up at my Macy's.  Apparently no makeup is available in Albuquerque.  Not sure what's up with that.

Did you get the gift of the highlighter ?  Shows out of stock online......but.....last time I ordered something and the gift wasn't available I called CS and they asked if 20% off my order would be ok instead.  My total was over $200.  I really had to think about that.  The GWP was a mini mascara.  Guess what I decided? LOL  And No I didn't think too long and hard on that offer. 😁

@Suebdoo, the Lancome gift if you spent over $35 is a mascara and makeup remover. The mascara was Definicils.

I'm not so sure about this Tarte Tartist palette. First of all, it has a vanilla scent. Why in the world does eyeshadow need a fragrance. Second, it seems to be very powdery and dusty. I'll try again tomorrow but will likely return it.

@suzyQ3 guinea pig that sucks.  I hate vanilla scents. I agree with you and @HappyDaze I think the scents in makeup is just wrong.  The powdery dust is a deal breaker too. Ok now I have to find something else. Thanks for saving me the hassle. 😘

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 guinea pig that sucks.  I hate vanilla scents. I agree with you and @HappyDaze I think the scents in makeup is just wrong.  The powdery dust is a deal breaker too. Ok now I have to find something else. Thanks for saving me the hassle. 😘

My pleasure, @Suebdoo. Is there anything else you'd like me to try for you? :-)

BTW, I returned the palette today. Good riddance, IMO.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Is the sale only online?

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo, the same thing hapened to me with the recent Macy's Lancome promotion.  They ran out of the GWP and offered me 20% off my order.  The thing is I would not have gotten this discount had I shopped at the in-store counter.  At best, the salesclerk would have thrown a few samples in the bag. This was one time walking past the counter and ordering online paid off.   The GWP was missing from my order, so I called CS to inquire and was offered the discount in place of.  I am extra happy because Lancome part of my order was only a full size Hynose Drama and a bottle of Bi-Facil eye makeup remover.  The bulk of my order was Laura Mercier products and a Smashbox eyeshadow palette.  Gratefully there was no prorating the total to exclude those items from the 20% discount.  

I thought it was great customer service for Macy's to do this!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Is the sale only online?

No, the sale is in the stores too.  Macy's has really stepped up their beauty game.  They have so many more brands than they used to.  This is a great sale, especially because you're not limited to a one-time purchase like the Sephora sales.  

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Is the sale only online?

No, the sale is in the stores too.  Macy's has really stepped up their beauty game.  They have so many more brands than they used to.  This is a great sale, especially because you're not limited to a one-time purchase like the Sephora sales.  

Thank you so much!!