Trusted Contributor

Re: MY WEN TSV WENT FROM CHECK TO IN PROCESS TO BACK ORDER!

I'm still curious if the OP even sent a check to pay for it. Did I miss something? If she sent payment then she would be worried more now about what QVC is going to do with her money and the back order status.
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 GOLDEN KAREN said:

Sorry I have to vent! I ordered the Bamboo Green Tea TSV on a check status. I have been checking daily & finally yesterday or the day before it went to In Process. I checked just now & it is now showing Back Order. I called Customer Service & asked about the check process which I already knew but wanted to see what she would say. When she got to the part about shipment upon receipt of the check I then asked her to explain why my order was now back ordered? I order so little from QVC anymore because I need the money for bills & I just don't have a lot of extra but I do love the bamboo green tea so I decided to splurge. I know these things happen but it just really makes me angry & doesn't enhance QVC's reputation with me. Thanks for listening!

I ordered 2 BGT TSV's on A/D, one for my daughter and one for myself. I haven't even opened mine yet. Believe me, I have plenty of WEN in my stash that I can use until the next shipment in November. Let me know if you would like mine. I wouldn't mind selling it to you, but would have to add a little more than what I paid in order to cover shipping to you. You can leave your email address for me and I'll contact you privately about payment and shipping info.

Respected Contributor

No one is judging. It's just the way of the world these days. Plastic is the number one way things are done. It has nothing to do with judging. I obtained credit cards when I was on the bones of my butt, however, I used them with discretion. I only did that so that I could buy things I needed and I had only what I stood up in, a few things in a closet and lived in a dormer, nothing else so I know it can be hard. I did not even have enough to eat. Anyway, you get the picture so I'm not judging, believe me, I've been there. Bamboo is very popular and will come back though, you'll see. I just thought it was funny when the first poster got exasperated that's all. I understand how you feel. You'll get your order. Keep in touch with the people at QVC. They really have always treated me nicely. I was not laughing at you, really.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/12/2014 tidegirl said:

Wow people, judge much? The OP has the right to use any payment method she is comfortable with.

Karen, I'm sorry your order got bumped. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Hopefully they will restock quickly.

Checks are becoming an outdated method of payment. Less companies and stores accept them than a few years back; it's just a matter of fact, not judgement. I think it's pretty nice that QVC stills allows check payments though.

I think companies want the money as fast as they can; electronic is the fastest way with credit/debit cards. It might be cheaper for them to process a credit card payment too (I think anywhere from 50 cents to $2.50 each transaction) whereas if a check bounces...all those crazy fees that the company and customer have to pay penalties for.

Anyway, I hope you get your BGT TSV, GOLDEN KAREN. If things are bad now, I wonder how QVC will handle Christmas orders. How aggravating.

Contributor

Golden Karen. This same thing happened to me. I Ordered at the stroke of midnight 2 BGT TSV's on AD. 1 for me and 1 for my daughter. It went from processing to Backordered. It did not sell out till hours and hours later. I ordered with a Credit card as I always do. I pay off balance monthly if I have one and I order a lot from QVC including quite a bit of Wen. I'm usually pretty happy with service from QVC but on this occasion Not so much. What happened to my order was not right. So many of my friends ordered BGT hours later and they have received their orders. I have talked to customer service twice and emailed once. I get the same answer each time. I've enclosed answer below. I know mistakes happen occasionally and hope I eventually get it. It seems all I can do is wait and see. I hope you do get your order soon as well. "Thank you for emailing QVC. We're sorry that item A256811, the WEN Salon Experience is temporarily out of stock. We're trying to reorder on an urgent basis. However, if we can't obtain additional stock within 2 or 3 weeks, it may be necessary to cancel your order. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope we obtain this item soon. Thank you for the opportunity to assist you today!"
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/11/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 9/11/2014 icezeus said:
On 9/11/2014 WenGirl42 said: Banks decide what (if any) fraud protections they offer on debit cards...they are not currently regulated the same as credit cards and don't have the same required protection. If someone gets ahold of that number they can drain your account and cause overdrafts/chaos with already scheduled payments so that even if you aren't responsible for the fraudulent charges, you can have a nightmare on your hands getting those NSF payments and fees taken care of. Having someone making fraudulent charges on a credit card is no picnic either, but they aren't able to actually touch any of your money either. Smiley Wink

Perhaps it depends on who you bank with. My Debit Credit card offers me the same protection as my regular credit card.

That's the point...it's at the discretion of your bank. Furthermore, your experience with overdrafts/NSF payments depend on your vigilance in reporting the fraudulent charges, and your bank can't necessarily stop your payees from charging you NSF fees.

When a debit card is used as a credit card, the bank has to protect the consumer. That's a federal law. If it's under $750, a provisional credit is given right away. If it's over, it's in a few days.

The regulations are different when a PIN is used.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 tidegirl said:

Wow people, judge much? The OP has the right to use any payment method she is comfortable with.

Karen, I'm sorry your order got bumped. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Hopefully they will restock quickly.

Uh, I didn't read where anyone was "judging". People use the plastic for the CONVENIENCE FACTOR ...... fast order processing, bank protection against fraud, etc etc. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I re-read the OP's comment, and she never said she actually MAILED her check to QVC.

More than once, I've seen people comment on here that they use the "check order" to allow for a bit more time to think about whether or not they really want the item. If they decide against it, then they never bother to send a check and QVC is in possession of an item they could have sold days ago to a genuinely interested customer.

What a pain in the _____ for a retailer! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 9/11/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 9/11/2014 icezeus said:
On 9/11/2014 WenGirl42 said: Banks decide what (if any) fraud protections they offer on debit cards...they are not currently regulated the same as credit cards and don't have the same required protection. If someone gets ahold of that number they can drain your account and cause overdrafts/chaos with already scheduled payments so that even if you aren't responsible for the fraudulent charges, you can have a nightmare on your hands getting those NSF payments and fees taken care of. Having someone making fraudulent charges on a credit card is no picnic either, but they aren't able to actually touch any of your money either. Smiley Wink

Perhaps it depends on who you bank with. My Debit Credit card offers me the same protection as my regular credit card.

That's the point...it's at the discretion of your bank. Furthermore, your experience with overdrafts/NSF payments depend on your vigilance in reporting the fraudulent charges, and your bank can't necessarily stop your payees from charging you NSF fees.

When a debit card is used as a credit card, the bank has to protect the consumer. That's a federal law. If it's under $750, a provisional credit is given right away. If it's over, it's in a few days.

The regulations are different when a PIN is used.

I never said debit cards aren't protected. I said they aren't required to be protected the same way or to the same degree as credit cards are. This is a good summary of the difference in how they're regulated: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0213-lost-or-stolen-credit-atm-and-debit-cards And once again, these regulations only cover how the bank has to treat the fraudulent charges themselves (which is different from how credit card companies have to treat them) and not what the bank has to do (if anything) to protect the account holder from late fees, overdraft fees, NSF problems, etc. caused by unauthorized use of the funds in the account.
Esteemed Contributor

I was clarifying for those who aren't familiar with the differences between and protections of ATM cards and debit/Visa cards.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Tnkrbl44 is right. Plastic is for convenience. It's the way of the world now. Another thing that's gonna happen and I'm not happy about this is that they will force direct deposit and systems go down and all that kind of thing so that takes control out of your hands. My bank is constantly badgering me to do direct deposit. I really think they will make this mandatory in future. I hope not but it looks like checks will be a thing of the past. It has nothing to do with judging, really. I know the person feels bad but I've been there too. See, along with technology comes no privacy and your life is the hands of computers. I really wished I lived in another time period. Sorry, did not mean to get sloppy.