Valued Contributor

Re: Lorac Unzipped Today's Special

A lot of people like Lorac and reviews are all over the board. I think with all beauty products, what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Thank goodness we can return them if they don't work out. I am not a fan of Lorac Unzipped. I experienced fall out and it wore off by mid day. I don't think the colors are as pigmented as Too Faced or Urban Decay. Ulta has some great deals on Lorac. You just have to watch for a sale. I picked up another Lorac palette for $12. It was on sale and I had my 20% off Platinum coupon. Instead of returning, I gave both palettes to my teen niece. Another thing I don't like is they are made in China. I know, many companies make their product in China including some Too Faced palettes.  

Honored Contributor

This is a descriptionof the eyeshadow colors from the HSN site:

• Highly pigmented shadows
  • Matte and shimmer shades create unlimited looks
  • Color true; 10 universally flattering shades to choose from
  • Undercover - pink-tinted beige (matte)
  • Unbelievable - coppered brown (shimmer)
  • Unattainable - bronze brown (shimmer)
  • Unconditional - dusty pink mauve (matte)
  • Unbridled - burgundy brown (matte)
  • Undiscovered - orange-toned gold (shimmer)
  • Unreal - golden peach (shimmer)
  • Uncensored - golden bronze (shimmer)
  • Unspoken - dark brown (matte)
  • Untamed - red-toned brown (shimmer)
Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Classylady wrote:

It's the Today's Special resale on HSN.  I just went and looked at it.  I've not used this brand either.

I tried to get a close up of the shadow shades and they all look like they are in the brown category.   I can't wear brown and tans around my eyes.  Makes them look tired.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a reply.

Thanks ladies and have a fabulous day.

@Classyladythis palette is more burgundy's and rosey tones than it is brown, in my opinion.  The shadows are buttery and highly pigmented.  Love the combination of satins and mattes.  I have grey/green eyes and they look beautiful on me but also fantastic on my mom's very dark brown eyes.

Type the name into youtube and you will see many tutorials which will give you a better idea of the shades.

Is there a lot of shimmer colors?

Trusted Contributor

@cuddlesmamayes there are, about half.  They are beautiful, rich satiny colors, so not at all like cheap glitters.  I like having the mix as I much prefer a bit of shimmer rather than a chalky matte on an aging lid, though I do like mattes in the crease or maybe outside corner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Picture for anyone interested. I am passing although I do like some of Lorac's palettes but most of these colors I know would turn too reddish on me and I don't want to look sickly. I hear the shadow palette quality is hit and miss these days, which is unfortunate because they used to have such wonderful quality (and totally underrated!).  I don't like their lip products in general. 

Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@cuddlesmamayes there are, about half.  They are beautiful, rich satiny colors, so not at all like cheap glitters.  I like having the mix as I much prefer a bit of shimmer rather than a chalky matte on an aging lid, though I do like mattes in the crease or maybe outside corner.

Thank  you so much for yourq uick reply. I think I will order (the price is great) and  

check it out. Thanks again!!

Respected Contributor

This eyeshadow palette lacks variety. I do not want colors that are so similar.

Esteemed Contributor

I've purchased the lipstick (at Kohls),I like it. It was matte and stayed on for a good while,didn't dry my lips.  No idea about this brand eye stuff.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT