Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 Mirage08 said:

trendmood1 posted swatches on their Instagram page. http://instagram.com/trendmood1

awesome, thanks!

Honored Contributor

hm, after seeing the swatches, I'm not so enamored. I see maybe several that I really like but the rest, not really. It still is a great price but I will be passing.

Super Contributor
On 9/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

hm, after seeing the swatches, I'm not so enamored. I see maybe several that I really like but the rest, not really. It still is a great price but I will be passing.

Kat Von D has a really nice palette out at Sephora. I'm in big trouble, I want them allSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 beauty-junkie said:

Kat Von D has a really nice palette out at Sephora. I'm in big trouble, I want them allSmiley Happy

I know, her palettes are awesome. I've wanted that Monarch one for forever now! But I am passing on that one too. I think I have enough shadows for now although I still look!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

ETA: OH WAIT!! I didn't see that NEW one from Kat von D, the star studded one! That looks so pretty! I am going to see if there are swatches online.

Super Contributor
HappyDaze, I only found one person with swatches and they weren't good(not close enough). I have both the monarch and crystalis palette, this new book looks like it has a mixture of them both. I love her palettes and missed last years.
Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 beauty-junkie said: HappyDaze, I only found one person with swatches and they weren't good(not close enough). I have both the monarch and crystalis palette, this new book looks like it has a mixture of them both. I love her palettes and missed last years.

oh interesting so they are dupes for the most part? In looking at it closer, it did appear to be the case. One of my favorite palettes of all time are her Ladybird palette and the Saint palette. I haven't bought any others but I really like both of those. I have a small palette (4 colors) from her from 2008 and I didn't like them at all so I think her shadows have come a long way, much better quality/pigmentation than they use to be.

Super Contributor
HappyDaze, not sure if their dupes, but the monarch palette has a orange/brown color that looks similar to one in the new book. The crystalis has some purples, blue, and silver colors that resemble some in the new book too. I have a smaller palette (saint) that I really like too. I'll keep looking for swatches and reviews on the new book and let you know if I find out anything.
Super Contributor

Same here. I keep looking at the palette thinking there are a lot of light shades in the palette. I don't have any of the Pro palettes but was debating on getting the second one.

Respected Contributor

Is this the palette?

Super Contributor

Yep