Trusted Contributor

@NJgirl 1205

what is this, is it 100% silica powder?  I like Bye Bye Pores and really, it lasts forever for me, but I wouldn't mind one of these RCMA as a refill.  But not if it isn't exactly the same stuff.  I don't want to spend even $10 on something I don't like.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love a loose finishing powder.  As previously mentioned I too am a fan of Laura Mercier in this category.  Her translucents are undetectible even on women of color. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Loose Finishing Powder

[ Edited ]

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@NJgirl 1205

what is this, is it 100% silica powder?  I like Bye Bye Pores and really, it lasts forever for me, but I wouldn't mind one of these RCMA as a refill.  But not if it isn't exactly the same stuff.  I don't want to spend even $10 on something I don't like.  

I think you should just stick with your expensive prestige brands.

There's no directions on the packaging for the RCMA products as it's a professional line.

Trusted Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@NJgirl 1205

The ingredients are silica, calcium oxide, talc and magnesium oxide.  It is a professional product so it's no frills but it is very nice.  No color or pigments so it does not oxidize and it really inexpensive.  It is not 100% silica.  If  that is what you are looking for I think Elf has one for a couple of dollars.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

translucent for me.

I use the RCMA: $10.00 for 3 ozs! Buy it from Beautylish or their own website. I just looked it up and some folks are marking it waaay up on ebay Woman Frustrated

no frills packaging.

Tarte has one  that I received a sample of and it's just as good only it costs $33.00 for .32 oz!!! That's a really huge difference!!

Ditto!! I just recently was able to get my hands on this and It. Is. The. Bomb. It's soooo inexpensive, too, especially for an amazing quality product!

Respected Contributor

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

translucent for me.

I use the RCMA: $10.00 for 3 ozs! Buy it from Beautylish or their own website. I just looked it up and some folks are marking it waaay up on ebay Woman Frustrated

no frills packaging.

Tarte has one  that I received a sample of and it's just as good only it costs $33.00 for .32 oz!!! That's a really huge difference!!

I have this one and like it but honestly prefer the Laura Mercier translucent.  They last for so long that I don't mind a splurge once in a while.

For me, to RCMA sets my MU and keeps it there for longer than the LM. I bought the LM based upon rave reviews everywhere, but the RCMA works better for me. 

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

translucent for me.

no frills packaging.

Ditto!! I just recently was able to get my hands on this and It. Is. The. Bomb. It's soooo inexpensive, too, especially for an amazing quality product!

I'm so glad you tried it in liked it! Isn't it mind blowing the prices of the other products in comparison?!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

translucent for me.

no frills packaging.

I'm so glad you tried it in liked it! Isn't it mind blowing the prices of the other products in comparison?!

It is!! I mean, I LIKE the LM, but this performs much better on my skin and is much les in price per oz. It's a winner!

Respected Contributor

I  still use MV from BE.  It seems like I will never run out because I have many that were part of TVS through the years.

Honored Contributor

This product is one of my beauty fav's, available at Target for $6 Heart Heart Heart 

• e.l.f. High Definition Powder - Translucent
love this item

e.l.f. High Definition Powder - Translucent

The e.l.f. High Definition Powder is a translucent, versatile loose powder that creates a flawless, "soft focus" effect to the skin. Masks fine lines and imperfections for a glowing, radiant complexion.

This incredibly soft and invisible powder is ideal for everyday wear, either alone or over your favorite e.l.f. foundation. Our HD Powder is a makeup artist and e.l.f. customer favorite, and at only $6, it can be yours at a fraction of the cost of the competition!

• Product Form: Loose Powder
  • For Use On: Face
  • Beauty Purpose: Skin Tone Improvement, color correction, Sun Protection
  • Color Palette: Medium Tones
  • Color Family: White
  • Features: Lightweight

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri