Super Contributor

Looking for a light foundation that make your skin look younger

All summer all I wore is Spf no foundation, now I read and article that the right foundation can make you look younger. Have you tried something that fits the bill?

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a light foundation that make your skin look younger

No. As long as your skin is in good condition & you are comfortable without foundation I can't imagine that adding it would make you look younger. I wear it because my skin is not pretty & it helps control my oil.

Honored Contributor

a couple that I really like that are light -- Josie Maran's Matchmaker foundation and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. If you don't want to spend as much e.l.f.has a foundation that is surprisingly very light & nice for $6.00(I own this too, it's a little more coverage but light).  If you have a Macy's, ULTa or Sephora near you it's good to go and try out different products.   Cat HappyCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I haven't personally, but I always hear that if you skin is pretty decent, the most you would need is a tinted moisturizer with SPF.

It just evens out  your skin tone, which is something that's associated with younger/youthful skin.  

If you go to Amazon and/or Google customer reviews, you'll find the ones that are the most lightweight and comfortable to wear.

Honored Contributor

I've tried everything, and I use everything! But like you, this summer I've been living in tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. My very favorite light foundation that is incredible is also the most I've ever spent on foundation. But I think it's worth it. I wear it about once or twice a week, and it only takes a little bit. With the cooler weather I might wear it more often. It's Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Sephora has it HERE. Like I said before, it's expensive, but it really makes my skin glow and doesn't feel heavy at all. Another light-feeling foundation I like is Mally's Skin Mousse A232313Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

One more thing I forgot to add: When I first considered the GA one, I went in,  got matched, and asked the MUA to apply it. Then I asked for a sample. I got enough to last a week. I played with it all week, in all types of light. I knew I was doing something right when, at a meeting at night after a long day, one of the other women there told me my skin looked amazing. I went back the next weekend and bought it! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

there are two I now use and really like. BE serum foundation in 02 bare shell and oil of olay CC cream(is swirled with a moisturizer) in light to medium.

With either of these use very little. I use my real techniques expert face brush(at Ulta and Walmart) to apply my BE serum foundation but use either my fingers or my Trish McEvoy sponge(HSN) to apply the OOO CC cream foundation/moisturizer.

I have a light skin tone, cool to neutral and dry and somewhat sensitive. Both of these work very well for me although even though I love both of these I still want to try the newer BE rescue complexion.

I have good skin, nothing to cover so I use very little of either of these, very little.

Respected Contributor

Periccone no makeu up makeup looks like you are  not wearing foundaiton and it is a light coverage and looks amazing on.

Respected Contributor

i don't wear foundation myself, but i agree that it can make you look younger by covering imperfections, i.e. red spots, broken blooken vessels, etc.  it will smooth out and make your skin a great canvas for whatever you want to put on after,. blush, bronzer, concealer.

i have been using josie's tinted moisturizer this summer and find that it gives me coverage and has a great spf of 47.

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite foundation is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk! I do not need a lot of coverage as I have pretty good skin and this foundation just gives a little coverage but makes your skin look fantastic all day too!!!! It is the best I hav eever used, it's pricey at I believe 62.00 but it lasts a very long time, as you just need a tiny bit, and I have tried a lot of foundations but this is my absolute all time favorite. If you need more coverage this is not for you, but if minimal coverage is all you need I say give it a try! Or at least go get a sample!!!!!!!!