Super Contributor

Looking for a dewy foundation.

Hi winter has taken its toll on my face. I am looking for a foundation that will bring the moisture back make my skin 

look dewy not greesy. Light weight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a dewy foundation.

[ Edited ]

I would recommend a better moisturizer before I switched foundations. If you really want a foundation, you may want to check out NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, but even that won't be enough for very dry skin if you don't have a good moisturizer under it. MAC's Mineralize Moisture may also work well for you.

My personal vote would be to get a different moisturizer and mix a lumizing primer into your favorite foundation for some luminosity. I like to mix my foundation with L'oreal's  Magic Lumi primer. You could also mix a drop of oil (argan, jojoba, sweet almond, any facial oil, etc) into existing foundation for added dewiness and moisture or mix some moisturizer into existing foundation. I do all three of those - though only one at a time! Try mixing on the back of your hand and testing, first. Some combinations oxidize and your perfect foundation shade may go darker or more orange once it's mixed with something else.

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite foundation is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk....It is very pricey, but oh so worth the price! It truly gives your skin that luminous glow without looking heavy,greasy or oily!I do not have dry skin, and this works for me!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@little daisy wrote:

Hi winter has taken its toll on my face. I am looking for a foundation that will bring the moisture back make my skin 

Although I do agree with ChynnaBlue, if you want to try a foundation that won't put a big dent in your wallet, take a look at L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous liquid foundation. It comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser, and it has SPF 20. Some bloggers consider it to be a dupe of the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation.

The description:

Finally, makeup that creates skin so healthy – it’s luminous! True Match™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup combines 3 powerful ingredients that work to improve your complexion the more you wear them. 40% pure water for all-day hydration. Antioxidants and Vitamins C and E for improved clarity and skin tone. And Liquid Light Technology for an instant, luminous glow. Isn’t it time you met your match?

See the Results:
Instantly: skins illuminated.
In 1 Month: skin is clearer, healthier, more luminous

Finish: Luminous
SPF: 20
Coverage: Lightweight, buildable coverage that lasts up to 8 hours
Skin Type: For all skin types. Safe for sensitive skin.

Available in 15 true-to-skin shades in warms, neutrals, and cools

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Josie Maran Perfect & Perfect w/ SPF47

It is perfect for what you need.

Regular Contributor

I have severe dry skin and have tried everything mentioned and agree with all!would just add another to the mix :laura mercier radiant tinted moisture. LOVE the finish!

Super Contributor

Thank you all for your advice.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I have the same issue. Don't know if it's age (turning 45) or weather, but foundation just makes my skin look awful! I've had some luck with the Nars product someone else mentioned, but I only have a small sample to work with. 

Contributor

I have been getting chemical peels at the dermatologist office, and my skin gets really dry right after the peel. I've found that Perricone's No Foundation Foundation is perfect for my skin at this time. It's "dewy," so it works for me. I get it at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@little daisy wrote:

Although I do agree with ChynnaBlue, if you want to try a foundation that won't put a big dent in your wallet, take a look at L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous liquid foundation. It comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser, and it has SPF 20. Some bloggers consider it to be a dupe of the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation.

The description:

Finally, makeup that creates skin so healthy – it’s luminous! True Match™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup combines 3 powerful ingredients that work to improve your complexion the more you wear them. 40% pure water for all-day hydration. Antioxidants and Vitamins C and E for improved clarity and skin tone. And Liquid Light Technology for an instant, luminous glow. Isn’t it time you met your match?

See the Results:
Instantly: skins illuminated.
In 1 Month: skin is clearer, healthier, more luminous

Finish: Luminous
SPF: 20
Coverage: Lightweight, buildable coverage that lasts up to 8 hours
Skin Type: For all skin types. Safe for sensitive skin.

Available in 15 true-to-skin shades in warms, neutrals, and cools

Oh, I forgot about this one! I agree, this is a good drugstore product. It didn't come in a color that worked for me, so that's why I have to add the Magic Lumi primer to my own foundation instead.