Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a callus remover thingie, which one is better ?

A Podiatrist.

Honored Contributor

I have an Emjoi and I like it, however, it works too slow and the rollers need replaced too often.

I find myself going back to my hand file. It's has the same material on it as the Emjoi rollers, but lasts a whole lot longer and I can do it manually much faster. I've had mine for a few years.

Super Contributor

I absolutely love, love, love my Emjoi! I walk barefoot a great deal, so I get calluses like mad. I started out using the regular rollers that came with the unit, but it took forever to get my feet in the shape I wanted. I switched to the extra coarse roller once the calluses had built up again and after one or two uses, I can now go back to the regular ones for maintenance.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 RachB said: I use Earth Therapeutics foot file that you can buy at ulta. I bought the emjoi. With the file, I can accomplish in 5 minutes what it takes the emjoi 20 minutes to do.

Someone here had mentioned it. It might have been you. I bought it a couple months ago, and it accomplishes exactly what I want for very little money. I just wanted a very basic way to have relatively smooth feet, and it accomplishes that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've tried everything under the sun for years and I have to say, hands down, the emjoi.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 RachB said: I use Earth Therapeutics foot file that you can buy at ulta. I bought the emjoi. With the file, I can accomplish in 5 minutes what it takes the emjoi 20 minutes to do.

20 minutes? wow it takes me maybe 2 minutes to do both my feet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I have an arsenal of files, sanders, graters, PedEggs and caustic potions - you name it. I don't have horrible calluses but they get worse each year and I do go barefoot a lot in summer. It's important to me that my feet be smooth and soft but I have slacked off since last fall and was irked at the buildup on my feet.

Been eyeing the $50 motorized type but last night while soaking in a bath I pulled out a Mr. Pumice someone had given me in a gift basket. Eureka! I sanded away as I lolled in the tub (I watch movies on a little portable DVD player next to the bath, LOL) and my feet are like an infant's.

It held up well and the Mr. Pumice doesn't seem to be degraded but just in case, I ordered another one from Amazon, it's about $4. Get the purple/lavender one. Even the thicker ridge at the outside back of my heel is completely gone.

Regular Contributor

Have used a Diamancel file for years.

Frequent Contributor

Has anyone here used Baby Foot? I just bought it last week and used it 5 days ago. Yesterday I started with the peeling which I understand can take 2 wks to complete. It gets a lot of rave reviews and a few not so great ones. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience using it.
Honored Contributor

Emjoi micro pedi.

Mine is only slow when the battery needs recharging & I don't need to replace the rollers very often. I get those from Amazon.