Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - that's interesting because when I went just now and looked at their website re the Matrixyl Synthe 6, it says its for all skin types, especially for dy and mature skin.  

Valued Contributor

I've used Timeless in the past and like the products. I would love to go back but I have been using Perricone and I do get some lifting and firming  from those products. I     don't have a clue if perricone could be used along with the timeless serums. Don't want to totally give up Perricone. Idid see Perricone interviewed recently and didnt think his skin looked that great.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL

I ordered it 😊

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL

I ordered it 😊

@monicakm  - YEA!  Hope you like it.

Trusted Contributor
PERLIER BLCK RICEMULTI-PEPTIDE $19.95 FOR .5 OZ AT HSN
Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIPEPTIDE-29, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-38, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-1, NONAPEPTIDE-1, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ORYZA SATIVA EXTRACT (ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN EXTRACT), HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE,HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SORBITAN LAURATE.
Honored Contributor

Peptides can penetrate the skin barrier and from there they hold water to help plump and firm the skin. But that's where it ends. Peptides do not cross cell membranes in an attempt to make the skin cells react to make collagen or anything else for that matter. the role of most peptides is their ability to hold on to water beneath the skin surface.

Honored Contributor

From the INCI Guide about the ingredient Matrixyl Synthe'6, not necessarily Timeless' version:

Matrixyl™ synthe’6™ is a potent peptide that boosts six skin-rebuilding essentials: macromolecules - proteins and glycosaminoglycans.

These macromolecules play a vital role in the skin; here is the list:

• Collagen I – constitutes the most abundant amount of collagen in the tissues (approx 30%) and overall in the dermis (80%). The collagen molecules auto assemble one another to form the characteristic fibers of the tissues. Collagen I makes up the cross-linked structure that can resist the various physical stresses the skin undergoes.
  • Collagen III – known as the collagen of youth, collagen III is produced during the early phases of wound healing. It is thought to be partly responsible for skin smoothness.
  • Fibronectin – are multi adhesive soluble proteins that help attach cells to the various types of collagen. They also have an essential function in cell migration and differentiation.
  • Hyaluronic Acid is a critical component responsible for water retention in the tissue and regulating cell proliferation and wound healing.
  • Collagen IV – is an anchorage protein (that is also a part of Laminin-5 – see below) found at the base of the membrane, at the interface of the extracellular matrix of the dermis, and the basal layer cells.
  • Laminin-5 – is an adhesive glycoprotein involved in the healing of injured dermis.

It is a high-tech treatment that profoundly reduces wrinkles by rebuilding the skin where it is most needed.

There are no ads on the INCI Guide so hopefully this link is okay.  There is more info there about it.

https://inci.guide/peptides/matrixyltm-synthe6tm

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking For a Peptide

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

From the INCI Guide about the ingredient Matrixyl Synthe'6, not necessarily Timeless' version:

Matrixyl™ synthe’6™ is a potent peptide that boosts six skin-rebuilding essentials: macromolecules - proteins and glycosaminoglycans.

These macromolecules play a vital role in the skin; here is the list:

• Collagen I – constitutes the most abundant amount of collagen in the tissues (approx 30%) and overall in the dermis (80%). The collagen molecules auto assemble one another to form the characteristic fibers of the tissues. Collagen I makes up the cross-linked structure that can resist the various physical stresses the skin undergoes.
  • Collagen III – known as the collagen of youth, collagen III is produced during the early phases of wound healing. It is thought to be partly responsible for skin smoothness.
  • Fibronectin – are multi adhesive soluble proteins that help attach cells to the various types of collagen. They also have an essential function in cell migration and differentiation.
  • Hyaluronic Acid is a critical component responsible for water retention in the tissue and regulating cell proliferation and wound healing.
  • Collagen IV – is an anchorage protein (that is also a part of Laminin-5 – see below) found at the base of the membrane, at the interface of the extracellular matrix of the dermis, and the basal layer cells.
  • Laminin-5 – is an adhesive glycoprotein involved in the healing of injured dermis.

It is a high-tech treatment that profoundly reduces wrinkles by rebuilding the skin where it is most needed.

There are no ads on the INCI Guide so hopefully this link is okay.  There is more info there about it.

https://inci.guide/peptides/matrixyltm-synthe6tm

@Icegoddess 

Only 25 people participated in that study. To me it's not convincing. Science tells me that peptides do not pass through cell membranes so I find it hard to believe those results anyways. At best maybe a signaling mechanism is at work there but that's even a stretch.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee , I realize it's a very small study.  That's exactly why I included the link so people could see for themselves.  However, I have had good results with the product, so I'll continue using it.  

Honored Contributor

Nakery just came out with one last week.