Respected Contributor

Re: Look at Renee Zellweger - What do you think?

On 10/21/2014 katy keene said:

I would love to know what she has done.....definitely something. She actually still looks pretty to me, although COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I agree with you. She is still pretty but it appears that she had some work done and does look very different.

Respected Contributor

oh my gosh. look at post #34. if you compare both of the left shots, you can see clearly that all she has had done is her eyes. it is clear. all she has had done is the eyes. YES her eyes were 'squinty' before. she had heavily hooded upper eyelids. in both shots, her cheeks and her lips are exactly the same. the brows are not the same. because she is older now and the brows have drooped. they have not been lifted.

Respected Contributor

I was working from home and I get an RSS feed. This has made news in Canada, New Austrailia, and .england.
Contributor

They were talking about her on Et and showing pictures of her now and then, and they said they think she had work done, but she said she has had nothing done, like Joan Rivers used to say every one in Hollywood had something done

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/21/2014 fancy pantsy said:

oh my gosh. look at post #34. if you compare both of the left shots, you can see clearly that all she has had done is her eyes. it is clear. all she has had done is the eyes. YES her eyes were 'squinty' before. she had heavily hooded upper eyelids. in both shots, her cheeks and her lips are exactly the same. the brows are not the same. because she is older now and the brows have drooped. they have not been lifted.

I'm going to agree with you. Eyes only. Makes a big difference but eyes only.

Honored Contributor

She looks older and more harsh. The work is good, but she got a "new face" not her own.

My granddaughter is in the business and this has been Hollywood fodder for a while. She has lost work. However, I think Renee has emotional issues she deals with, so whatever.

So my stance is, she looks good for someone else. She is not Renee on the outside .

She has had a brow lift (look at her forehead, and hair line.) Look at the hair receding a bit around front hair line near side burns (as I call them, LOL). She had upper /lower lid done. To make the wide eyes, they lifted the brow, and removed upper lid skin. The lower lid surgery would round the eye a bid. She had smoldering hot lids before IMO.

As I said, she looks great and it is not botched. It is good work. It is what she wanted I am sure. In 10 years the hooded look will be back.

I did like her old face. But alas, I am not her.

Valued Contributor

I would have not know that was her either. What is a matter with Hollywood? Why change yourself so much that nobody knows you. That stuff can't be redone. I would rather have some one grow old and graceful and embrace who they are. Sad and sorry so many are so insecure.

I just don't get it. She has lost that Renee look and she was great the way she was.

Valued Contributor

I did not think it was Renee Zellweger when I saw this pic today.

Trusted Contributor

Not sure if it's just the pose or if the work she's obviously had done has changed her look that much! She was always beautiful in a "different" way, and it appears she has lost some of that uniqueness, which is sad. I always liked her hooded eyes, and they really set her apart -- but it may be that they drooped too much as she aged. I'll have to see more of her to really evaluate, but in this picture she isn't nearly as striking as she was!

Super Contributor

It seems she had a brow lift and maybe some redundant skin removed. The brow lift is the real reason for the change in her face; she should have stopped there.

I have hooded lids also like RZ had, her heritage is Scandinavian and Swiss similar to mine, throw in some Asian throwback. Gee I wonder if some of you would call me squinty eyed?

I really want the surgery but I am afraid it will change my face too much. I always had a wide space between my lid and brow, which has sagged with age, and virtually no eyelid. I live with it because you can't paste it back on once the surgeon removes it.