Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried this shade? They advertise it as a more pigmented version of "Medieval."

Love to hear your thoughts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Lipstick Queen's "Eden"

[ Edited ]

Googled it and it's described as being apple red.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom, thanks. Yes, I had googled it and looked at swatches and reviews. But the swatches all differ, as do comments about the shade. Some say it pulls pink; others, coral; and some say scarlet red.

I'm hoping someone may actually have the lipstick and can give me a first-hand opinion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Google "Lipstick Queen - Fall Collection First Look and Swatches" to see a YouTube demo (by M Fab).

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Google "Lipstick Queen - Fall Collection First Look and Swatches" to see a YouTube demo (by M Fab).

@ Montana, thank you. I watched it, and it did give me a pretty good idea of the shade.

Btw, that woman is a good presenter, but wow, a bit blush-challenged, I'd say. :-)

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

boy you're right about the differing swatches!

I still say it's predominantly an orange-y red as opposed to a blue...

Respected Contributor

I own this lipstick, Eden. I would say from what I have seen it on me.is that it is a nice soft red, not fire engine red or a bright red. I really like it. I am fair and it's a good red for me. 

Respected Contributor

I will say, I love that YouTuber's eyebrows! They are awesome. I'm sorry, @suzyQ3, I don't have Eden. Only medieval. 

Occasional Contributor

I own both and have Eden in my purse right now. Medieval is in my makeup bag. I love Medieval, it is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. I recently got the Eden and do not love it as much, but you just inspired me to look at it a little more analytically and figure out why. lol It is more opaque, and the texture is more creamy/chalky? (vs. the balm-y texture of Medieval.).  I would not say this pulls coral on my medium skin, but it is a bright, fun red with a hint of greenish glitter. Medieval is YLBB for me.  Personally, if I could go back in time I would skip Eden and grap another tube of Medieval. Smiley Happy