Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick Lovers 💋

@Leeny You beat me.  I have a lot but not a suitcase full!  Ha!

I've found that Laura Geller (the new one's that are like a chunky crayon) seem to last longer than Doll 10 and many of the other ones.  In all fairness, they are dryer but I guess that's what you need.

After I 'talked' to you I went on a mission trying to find that lipstick I was talking about that the container is neat.  I haven't been able to find it but I'll look again tomorrow.

Funny thing!  I gave my granddaughter one of the Doll 10 lipsticks I just bought that she had on QVC the other day!  I knew I wouldn't like it as it is bright pink.

My granddaughter put it on and her Dad walked down the stairs and said, "OK, you won't be wearing that".  Ha!  It actually looked pretty on her.

I only bought for me 2 tubes of Clinique Creamy Eye Makeup remover, love the stuff.  Just use it for mess ups on the waterproof Maybelline.

I just found in the boxes I had not opened the Eve Pearl set I'd bought on QVC.  Not impressed at all.  I can't stand the eyebrow pencil as it is very hard.  I put it on my hand and in order to get it to show up I broke the point.  Ugh!

I don't like the lipstick either.  I'll just keep it.  I just put the stuff on my hand so I'll send it to someone else to try.  If she doesn't like it, she can throw it away if she wants to.

I do like the two brushes that came with it, although I don't know if I'll use them as I'm a finger girl.  

I did order 2 of the sets of the TSV from IT this week.  Two different colors.  I usually keep everything, but don't use most of it.

You know I haven't been able to take my granddaughter to Sephora yet because I can't walk the distance in a Mall but as soon as I get my knees replaced...look out.  I'm hoping it will be very soon.

You should have seen me in Ulta working the place.  Ha!  I was telling these young women to go to QVC and check them out.  If they don't like what they ordered they could send it back.  They were writing down QVC on papers and one wrote it on the back of her hand.

I'm surprised they didn't throw me out!  Ha!

Take care sweet girl and have a good week.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello dear @Annabellethecat66. I've been MIA all week and am glad to catch up with you here. 

1. Your Ulta story is just too precious. Sounds like a great fun filled (long) day. Your girls are so lucky. You're making cherished memories, indeed. 

I'm loving this thread. As a devout lover of lipstick all these comments of colors and products have me swirling. I just released (from OP) the Doll10 lippies for delivery. I waited till I received the Stroke of Beauty order from evine. I am liking one of the two lip products purchased. The lip duo over the gloss duo works better for me. I do use and like Eve Pearl alot. Have the same lip pallette you do plus individuals from her tsv's. Question, please...can you describe the color of lipstick you said you couldn't wear? I think it's called Rose. I have her Park Ave Rose and like it. Been wondering what the difference is since I didn't order the last tsv. Oh, and yes her brushes are fab, but if you do use your fingers I'll caution you to not over apply. The biggest complaint I read is heavy, cakey etc. That's too much product being applied. Way too much! Less is better for a flawless result. I brush it on and use a beauty blender sponge to complete. Absolutely melds into a beautiful flawless finish. This is my current fav. Many, many compliments. Fast and out the door. I do use IT products too. Eve's lipsticks remind me of Bobbi Browns, just a smidge creamier. Fairly long lasting on me considering I can stand in one spot, not moving, and lipstick disappears. Drives me nuts. I tried to order those Geller long lasting crayon pencils you'd mentioned. My Waitlist was cxl'd. I was a bit disappointed too. Haven't been back to see if they're available now.

Hope all continues to be well and good for you. Have a fabulous week. ♡

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

You are so nice.  Lipstick is my weakness through and through. I finally found

someone who loves it like I do.

Yesterday my daughter said to me.. you are buying Lipstick 

Queen, that's what I have been calling you for years!! LOL. It was a good buy with  

the $10.00 off the reg. price.

I have a few of Laura's crayon lipcolors They are good too. I wish Doll 10 would 

have more colors. I like the formulation of Doll 10.  Like I told you before I've never 

purchased Eve Pearl, so if you say it's not so much, I think I'll pass.

So when are you getting your knees replaced? I had my right one done about 

3yrs. ago. It went very well. My left knee is still good so far. You take care now.

Valued Contributor

I'm with you on that!

Honored Contributor

@Leeny Hello sweet girl!  Well, about the knees.  I've been dealing with unbelievable pain for probably 2 years now.  The problem is my back 'locks up' and I can't bend or move (a separate problem).  I'm hoping when I get my knees fixed the back problem is get 'better'.  It will not go away because of what's wrong with it.  When I was 18 I broke the vertebra in 3 places.  Ugh!

Anyway, I was telling my friend today at lunch that I gave my granddaughter one of the Doll 10 lipsticks because it was way too bright pink for me (I don't care for bright pink).  She wasn't too excited but took it anyway.  

You know how we all play around and put on the lipstick just to see how it looks?  Well, she did that!  Wow!  It was bright, kinda fuchsia colored!  Well, her Dad walks into the room and said, "OK, you're not wearing that out of the house".  Ha!  Typical of most teens, just just shrugged and looked in the mirror.

I pretty much raised myself because I lived with my single sister of 4 children.  I was like the Mom and she was the Dad.  I could do whatever I wanted but I never did anything troublesome because my sister needed me.

But I'd see these girlfriends of mine come into school and totally change their clothes and put on gobs of makeup, etc.  It was so funny.  Mom and Dad had no idea.  They were good kids, just had different ideas on how to dress and how much makeup to wear!  Ha!

My Dr is doing both knees at the same time.  Both knees are bone on bone, no padding at all on either knee.  Yes!  You probably know how painful it is for me even to stand up.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
A292216 Doll Ten !! Incredibly Delicious!! You can't believe what I've been through looking for long wearing and comfortable lipsticks. In the past tried set of her lipsticks shades and texture wasn't for me. Each color in this set is wearable and lushes looking on my lips. Thanks Doris!! Hands down the best!! Nude shade!!🙋💄💄💄💄

Loreal has a long wearing lipstick.  It does not dry out your lips.  You might want try it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I purchased a great lipstick from Mac yesterday.  It's called Syrup a beautiful shade of pink.  It is very moisturizing on.  I'm going back today to get the color Faux.  Macy's still has their 15% off.  I like that Mac has reasonable prices. 

Honored Contributor

I checked out the Doll set of four lipsticks and thought they were all shades I would like. The set has received much better reviews than her other items. I went on waitlist.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Leeny Hello sweet girl!  Well, about the knees.  I've been dealing with unbelievable pain for probably 2 years now.  The problem is my back 'locks up' and I can't bend or move (a separate problem).  I'm hoping when I get my knees fixed the back problem is get 'better'.  It will not go away because of what's wrong with it.  When I was 18 I broke the vertebra in 3 places.  Ugh!

Anyway, I was telling my friend today at lunch that I gave my granddaughter one of the Doll 10 lipsticks because it was way too bright pink for me (I don't care for bright pink).  She wasn't too excited but took it anyway.  

You know how we all play around and put on the lipstick just to see how it looks?  Well, she did that!  Wow!  It was bright, kinda fuchsia colored!  Well, her Dad walks into the room and said, "OK, you're not wearing that out of the house".  Ha!  Typical of most teens, just just shrugged and looked in the mirror.

I pretty much raised myself because I lived with my single sister of 4 children.  I was like the Mom and she was the Dad.  I could do whatever I wanted but I never did anything troublesome because my sister needed me.

But I'd see these girlfriends of mine come into school and totally change their clothes and put on gobs of makeup, etc.  It was so funny.  Mom and Dad had no idea.  They were good kids, just had different ideas on how to dress and how much makeup to wear!  Ha!

My Dr is doing both knees at the same time.  Both knees are bone on bone, no padding at all on either knee.  Yes!  You probably know how painful it is for me even to stand up.

@Annabellethecat66 Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you.  I hope you are going to get those knees done sooner than later. The problem with your back is because your gait is off ( walking that is) your back is trying to compensate the way you are walking so now your back aches. I truly understand. I have had back issues too since a jr. in high school and I still have permanent damage, but I guess I have learned to live with that.  My doctor didn't do 2 at a time, even though his wife went ahead and did 2 at a time elsewhere ..lol  I give you credit to do 2 at a time. I had the one and that was about all I could handle.

I think that is kind of comical your granddaughter and the lipstick you gave her and she wasn't crazy for it, but tried it on and her Dad said, " no way" Sounds like my Dad. My mother worked at a dept. store behind a cosmetic counter. So you see how my addiction got started. I think the first lipstick I was allowed to wear was Yardley lipslickers. Then I moved to Max factor- Icy Mocha. Those were the days.

Well, you take care of those knees. I know that awful feeling of bone rubbing against bone.. not too good.