Esteemed Contributor

Linda Wells - Revlon's new chief creative officer

If you haven't read the news, former Allure magazine's editor Linda Wells has landed at Revlon as their new chief creative officer.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170209006066/en/Revlon-Announces-Linda-Wells-Join-Company-Ch...

Good luck to her revamping Revlon and Elizabeth Arden as those brands have become rather stale lately.

Respected Contributor

Re: Linda Wells - Revlon's new chief creative officer

That's interesting. I always thought she did a great job at Allure & wondered what she would do when she left. It should be interesting to see what happens with these companies.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope new leadership doesn't change or discontinue the Revlon products that I've loved and used the last 40 years.  Maybe I should stock up now?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Wonderful to read.... I loved her editorial skills at Allure and for years she helped produce a magazine that I enjoyed. I canceled my subscription as it is not aimed at my demographic anymore.

I am sure she will do an excellent job at Revlon. The woman is a powerhouse of new ideas and she will probably help to give new life to what I have found a rather stale line of cosmetics.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the post. I have subscribed to Allure for geez I bet 25 years. Always enjoyed her articles when she was their editor.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!

I think she will do a great job.

I worked for several Revlon companies for many years and this makes me want to go back there. Smiley Very Happy

They probably want younger people than me now though.

But I hope they keep our old favorites too and not revamp so much that we don't recognize the place.

Trusted Contributor

I dropped Allure after they replaced her. They changed the demographics (and quality) so I've moved on.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

I am glad for her. I am a big fan. After she left Allure the magazine changed so I cancelled my subscription after over 20 years. I wish her luck.

Respected Contributor

I too cancelled after she left, a huge force in the beauty /cosmetic industry!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Allure went downhill fast after she left. I still have my subscription and don't enjoy reading the magazine anymore. They have no clue what they are doing. When my subscription expires I won't be renewing.