Frequent Contributor

I've decided to leave. Because I'm conservative I get nailed here. I take it as a compliment, but the attacks are not why I'm leaving-it's the whole vicious package. If someone disagrees with someone else, out come the claws.

Judging from this forum, world peace isn't coming anytime soon.

Many of you here should be ashamed of yourselves.

It's hard to believe that many of you are happy, healthy, prosperous, well adjusted people.

Respected Contributor

You just proved the poster's points.

Valued Contributor

I agree with what you posted but wish you wouldn't leave. If you leave then there is just another nice poster gone. I'm not good with words and some take offense but I never intend to be ""mean"". You would/will know when my claws come out which isn't very often. Hope you change your mind

No thought is worth thinking.....
Valued Contributor
On 2/7/2014 sparklestar said:

You just proved the poster's points.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Maria

Respected Contributor

I hope you don't go. I've also noticed how many liberals there are here and can't stand the pile-ons. I choose to believe this is not really an accurate sampling of America and that all the hateful attitudes aren't the norm. You could always stay and just ignore the haters.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I am conservative too. I got nailed once on a post and it really bothered me, for awhile anyway. I won't let that bother me anymore. And I am not about to be silenced. But no one is going to change anyone's mind on this forum. Good luck to you Deeby.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

Are you kidding me?I used to feel that way too but you know what stand up for yourself.People here don't scare me anymore i give it right back.But thats what makes interesting.Otherwise it would be pretty boring.So think about it it;s not that bad.Just remember people here don't know who you are so don't feel bad.

Honored Contributor

Deeby - I'm clueless as to what's going on, to bring you to this point. Honestly, there are a few members whose names I recognize and "know", if you want to call it that, but there are probably more that I don't. For the most part, I seldom remember from one thread to the next who said what. I'm pretty conservative myself and find that I don't agree with several posters, but that's kind of to be expected in this kind of setting. If I choose to interact in a forum with multitudes of personalities, opinions, religious views, cultural views, political views, causes we support, or feel some go overboard in their support, well, then yes, I am going to come up against many who are different from me. You are certainly free to do what you want, but I hope you will reconsider because your views and opinions are just as valuable as the next person's. Be well.

Respected Contributor

Deeby, I am sorry that you are not comfortable on this site. I have to agree with you there are some very mean spirited people on here. When you post something and all of a sudden someone makes a crack about it then it becomes a stone throwing fest to see who can hit the poster the hardest. There are some really very kind people who are fun to post with and they never try to hurt anyone. I also know that there will be rude remarks come back to me for not being rude to you, but it is sad when someone doesn't feel welcome on here.

Respected Contributor

I generally avoid political threads.