Trusted Contributor

Laura Mercier Long Wear Creme Eye Pencil?

I got a sample of this in my recent order from the sale on her website.  Being the makeup lover that I am, I immediately put it on my already made up face.  I didn't like it at all.  It didn't glide and it wasn't soft.  I put it on the back of my hand and it was nice.  Definitely long wear, I'm about to get out my oil to take it off.  I will try again on a fresh face with my usual Too Faced shadow primer (I used Wet and Wild primer today) and see if I like it better that way.  Any lovers or haters of this eye liner?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Long Wear Creme Eye Pencil?

Did you get the color Violet as a sample?  It depends on the color.  I have Noir, Espresso and got Violet as a GWP from the website.  Violet was a pretty color but very dry.  On the other hand, Noir and Espresso are very creamy and smooth.  And they are very long wearing.  I really like these, at least the Noir and Espresso.  I wonder if Violet was a bad bunch or if it's the color.  Too bad because it was a really pretty color.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Long Wear Creme Eye Pencil?

I got one in more Birchbox and was not impressed either. Mine was a purple color but I thought it went on rough and didn't glide on either, just like you mentioned. Glad I didn't pay for it!