Frequent Contributor

Laura Geller's recent TSV; how do I sharpen the eyeliner?

Still debating on the entire set, the colors seem like an odd mixture.  I do like the eyeshadow colors, but wish less  glitz.

The lipstick seems rather pinkish to be with a Medeterranean ( totally mispelled)  palatte.

The bag seems a little cheesy for all the hype.

Enjoy the eyeliner color but not sure how to sharpen it without losing too much of the liner itself.  Because it is a chubby stick, needs to have a fairly good point or else smudges all over the place.  I am auto delivery but waffling.  I wish she had found something else besides the B&B to include.  Or else drop the price!!

I wish I could review the upcoming bags and  colors ahead of time.   

Thanks everyone for reading my little petty vent.    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller's recent TSV; how do I sharpen the eyeliner?

@littleminx wrote:

Still debating on the entire set, the colors seem like an odd mixture.  I do like the eyeshadow colors, but wish less  glitz.

The lipstick seems rather pinkish to be with a Medeterranean ( totally mispelled)  palatte.

The bag seems a little cheesy for all the hype.

Enjoy the eyeliner color but not sure how to sharpen it without losing too much of the liner itself.  Because it is a chubby stick, needs to have a fairly good point or else smudges all over the place.  I am auto delivery but waffling.  I wish she had found something else besides the B&B to include.  Or else drop the price!!

I wish I could review the upcoming bags and  colors ahead of time.   

Thanks everyone for reading my little petty vent.    

@littleminx Pull off the end of the stick that does not have the point - it's a sharpener!  I would never have guessed this on my own, but Laura demonstrated it during her presentation. I have green eyes, very fair skin, and dark blonde hair, and I love the set.  I've been using it every day since it arrived. Everything works for me, but I could do without a bronzer - any bronzer. My skin doesn't tan, and I think it looks artificial for my face to look different from the rest of my pale body lol. I prefer using everything but the bronzer, and using Laura's blush instead. I might be more inclined to use the bronzer in the middle of the summer. HTH

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the "solution" on the sharpener. I wouldn't have guessed it's in the end: I was also foxed by those lip crayons that you twist and not sharpen (duh, me!)

I did get this kit even though I'm more of a BE girl these days. The colors worked well for me and the bronzer was actually a nice one. I got it mainly for style compact--you can carry it and a lot of bronzers are in weird boxes or palettes. Doesn't work for a purse. The BnB and the compact bronzer and one brush and you are good to go. You can put most of this TSV in a smallish makeup bag. The eyeshadow is even decent. The only thing I didn't like was the bag. A total waste. It's cheezy looking--to me, but some people do like it.

Oddly, the "extra" container giveaway that worked best for me in TSV's was the Bare Essential "story book"--it's a box that looks like a book, and I keep it on my vanity to hold my typical makeup for getting ready to go out or to work. 

Respected Contributor

@Campion:  Thanks for that question as I was perplexed as well.  I was going to pack up and send back today over this issue but mine was with the lip crayon.  You mention a "book".........I don't know what that was in the package.  Could you post a picture?  Thanks so much!!!

Respected Contributor

Sorry, the book was from a Bare Escentuals TSV a while ago. No book comes with Laura Geller's TSV--it was a sort of black woven "straw"  bag with a stenciled Italianate design in gold on it.

Frequent Contributor

Oh good grief, thanks for the info on the eyeliner.  I read over the pamphlet included but either missed that or it wasn't mentioned.   I do know you have to put the lid on till it clicks or will dry out.

I agree about the bronzer being pretty but I have issues applying it and  it always looks odd.  But now I have  tried using a really large brush, lightly sweep it across my forearms, etc and it looks quite nice and normal.  At my age, sleeves are a must at least to the elbow!!!

Thanx again for all the great comments.  I am going to give the next AD a chance but those totes bags do need an upgrade, for sure!!

Honored Contributor

It is a nice kit but the liner is probably my least favorite piece because I prefer a thin line. 

I had a meeting this morning with a woman I had not seen in a few months and she repeatedly told me how good I look, my face, my skin... I am wearing mostly makeup from the LG TSV today so it was nice to hear that. And to hear I look good rather than get comments on my lipstick, eyeshadow, etc. 

This is a picture of the next AD. I wish QVC would make the details/photos available to us. Not being sure what I am getting makes me want to cancel to avoid possibly needing to return. But I did manage to dig up a little info on the July collection. It sounds nice.

Inline image 1

Instead of the bronzer:
  • AD#1 will have Split Baked Body Frosting in Tahitian Glow and Blush-n-Brighten in tropic Hues. 
  • AD#2 will have Blush-n-Brighten in Raspberry.

Respected Contributor

Funny, I got the same thing today from a client--I had on the full kit except for the lipstick (I had on a mauve-coral lipgloss from Bare Minerals.)  

Valued Contributor

The liner was my favorite part of the kit. The perfect shade of dark brown and I loved the thicker line that looks more modern to me. Sadly, I didn't replace the cap  securely enough the last time I used it (2 days ago). It is now completly dried up and crumbly and I had to throw it away. Beware.