Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller's baked elements foundation- amazing!

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch ah I see. I knew I wouldn't like her brush so that is why I passed and I didn't know the other shipments didn't come with it and that they reduced the price on subsequent shipments. You really can't beat 50% off though- that is an AWESOME price. I am just not a person who stocks up on things generally because I always worry about freshness and quality and just in case, for some reason, I no longer like the product so I tend to order a new one just a little bit before I need it again. I think this will last a long time- at least 3-4 months if I used it every day. We shall see!
ETA: @JeanLouiseFinch I could have sworn you loved and used IT celebration foundation? Did you switch when you tried LG's?

@HappyDaze  I did use IT Celebration Foundation once upon a time.  At first, I thought I liked it, but then I got a good look at myself up close and whoa, it was not good.  Aside from when I'm experimenting, I've probably used LG Baked Elements for the last 15 months, either alone or as a setting powder over a moist type of foundation.

Respected Contributor

I have wanted to try this foundation too. Looks like I missed a good sale. darn.

Trusted Contributor

HappyDaze, does the foundation have little sparkles in it?  I've shied away from some LG products because she puts a lot of shimmer in them.  I'd like to give this foundation a try but I don't like little sparkles.  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

HappyDaze, does the foundation have little sparkles in it?  I've shied away from some LG products because she puts a lot of shimmer in them.  I'd like to give this foundation a try but I don't like little sparkles.  Thanks! 

@TuesdayTaylor absolutely not! I don't like my foundation to have shimmer or sparkles. This has none. It is not matte and not dewy, just, well, normal, lol. IF that makes sense? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

This sounds interesting and something I might like to try.  I'm wondering what color to get though as I usually wear her B&B in Porcelain, but actually I'm between Porcelain and Fair.  Can anyone suggest a color for me in the Baked Elements?

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

@TuesdayTaylor absolutely not! I don't like my foundation to have shimmer or sparkles. This has none. It is not matte and not dewy, just, well, normal, lol. IF that makes sense? Smiley Happy

Yes, that makes sense to me!  It sounds fab!  I'll be heading to Ulta this weekend to check it out.  Thanks, HD!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Me too !  Many more misses than hits with Laura's line, and I really want to like her stuff, because I like her so much.  And I agree, lots of shimmer in alot of her products.   I could never get a good match in  Balance and Brighten and fall unhappily between the porcelain and fair.   I'm always on the hunt for a great new pressed powder foundation.  I thought my next  would be to try Becca's pressed mineral foundation but you ladies are tempting me to take a look at baked elements.   As another poster asked, any idea what shade I should try?

Respected Contributor

Is it sold anywhere else other than QVC?  I don't like having to pay for returns if I happen to get the wrong shade. 

Trusted Contributor

They sell it at Ulta, Sunshine.  I'm going to check it out there this weekend.  I've noticed that a lot of QVC beauty is sold at Ulta.  I like QVC's prices, so lots of times I'll go to Ulta to check things out but then order it from QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wow where has the time gone??? Sheesh! Oh and I actually don't really like buying from LG's website normally becaue I've had issues with their CS in the past (not replying to emails, really really rude when they used to be the same people that worked in her store, etc) but it seems like since she sold the company and closed the store down and has a REAL customer service now, their CS has gotten a bit better then it used to. I actually boycotted her website for quite awhile. I am hoping this foundation will come to Beauty.com at some point because they send me lots of coupon codes and I'd rather buy it there than LG's site honestly, except during the 50% off sale, lol.