Honored Contributor

Laura Geller's baked elements foundation- amazing!

Well, a few weeks ago I finally took the plunge and tried LG's baked elements foundation (in fair) because I had a coupon too good to pass up. I have been using it everyday for two weeks now and it is the best powder foundation I've ever used- and I've tried alot! The Fair matches perfectly it actually does cover the little bit of redness I sometimes get near my nose and it never, ever looks powder or cakey or settles into fine lines. I like to apply it using a kabuki brush (I like eco tools retractable) and kind of dab it on rather than brushing it on like usually you do with powder foundations. If that makes sense?

It truly is a my-skin-but-better flawless look. I am so glad I finally gave it a try after wanting to try it for a looong time now. I hope she never changes it or discontinues it because it really is the best.

Just an FYI, I never liked her balance and brighten- the colors never matched my skin well and regardless of how little I used, it still looked to cakey and powdery for my taste.

I still love my Missha BB creams for liquid but I like to have a powder foundation in my arsenal as well and I finally found my HG!

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller's baked elements foundation- amazing!

Isn't it great?  Good for you, that you finally got around to trying it.  I've been trying a few other powder types, but always come back to the Baked Elements.  I've got it on A/D through QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchyes wish I wouldn't have waited so long but I get tired of trying so many things only to have them disappoint! Doesn't the one at qvc come with a brush? I think that is why I didn't try it from there. LG's website has been having great sales lately so I think I will just pick them up during sales. It seems like that thing is going to last awhile though. How fast do you go through yours?

Respected Contributor

It is by far my favorite powder foundation that I tend to wear almost every day. The porcelain is still a little dark on me but I got over it.
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchyes wish I wouldn't have waited so long but I get tired of trying so many things only to have them disappoint! Doesn't the one at qvc come with a brush? I think that is why I didn't try it from there. LG's website has been having great sales lately so I think I will just pick them up during sales. It seems like that thing is going to last awhile though. How fast do you go through yours?

I LOVE it too!  While I liked B&B...baked elements was MADE for me for all the reasons you mentioned!

I have never used a powder/mineral that didn't seem a bit cakey.  This?  NEVER!

I got backups when she had her recent fab discounts on her site.

I bought it when it was first introduced at Q.   Sorry, I don't remember when that was...but a LONG time ago.   I am just NOW seeing the bottom of the pan! 

I hope she NEVER discontinues it!

So glad you like it!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze  The one on the A/D plan does come with a brush on the initial shipment - I tried it, but have other brushes I like more.  Subsequent shipments do not include the brush so they cost is reduced.  The price is actually the same as on the LG website.  For me, it's a bit of security since when I've tried to purchase from the LG site, my color is usually sold out.  There's been one or two occasions when it wasn't so I grabbed one since I had a coupon code.  I don't want to rely on the website or possibilty of a coupon code at the precise time that I might need to replace a compact.  I'm content to always have a couple in reserve so I can just take one from the stash when I need it.  I can't really say how long one compact lasts since I don't use it every day and since I'm sometimes experimenting with another product.  Plus, I have one in the bathroom for when do my makeup in the AM and another that I keep in my purse and they run out at different rate.  

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I LOVE it too!  While I liked B&B...baked elements was MADE for me for all the reasons you mentioned!

I have never used a powder/mineral that didn't seem a bit cakey.  This?  NEVER!

I got backups when she had her recent fab discounts on her site.

I bought it when it was first introduced at Q.   Sorry, I don't remember when that was...but a LONG time ago.   I am just NOW seeing the bottom of the pan! 

I hope she NEVER discontinues it!

So glad you like it!

Hi @RespectLife! agreed on all accounts, lol! Wow that sounds like it lasts a long time but I don't doubt it because I've used it every day for 2 weeks and it does not seem to even have a slight dent in it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch ah I see. I knew I wouldn't like her brush so that is why I passed and I didn't know the other shipments didn't come with it and that they reduced the price on subsequent shipments. You really can't beat 50% off though- that is an AWESOME price. I am just not a person who stocks up on things generally because I always worry about freshness and quality and just in case, for some reason, I no longer like the product so I tend to order a new one just a little bit before I need it again. I think this will last a long time- at least 3-4 months if I used it every day. We shall see!
ETA: @JeanLouiseFinch I could have sworn you loved and used IT celebration foundation? Did you switch when you tried LG's?

Honored Contributor

It makes it difficult when every product in a line isn't consistantly to your liking. I know myself; I'm disinclined to spend the money if I wasn't wowed by their other offerings.

the handful of products I've tried in LG's line would not inspire me to try it. I've had the same experience with Benefits.

thank goodness for samples! Otherwise I'd miss out on some good stuff!

Without that coupon you'd never know, would you?!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It makes it difficult when every product in a line isn't consistantly to your liking. I know myself; I'm disinclined to spend the money if I wasn't wowed by their other offerings.

the handful of products I've tried in LG's line would not inspire me to try it. I've had the same experience with Benefits.

thank goodness for samples! Otherwise I'd miss out on some good stuff!

Without that coupon you'd never know, would you?!

I agree -I've been very disappointed with Laura's stuff in general and didn't think I'd try any more of her stuff. I've tried many of her things and really only like one thing (the sandbar eyeshadow palette) so, like you, I generally tend not to try the line anymore after all that disappointment.  That is why it took me so long to actually try this and I almost didn't but with the 50% off and free shipping, I just went for it. Now, that does NOT mean I want to try anything else of hers because one hit out of dozens of misses is not going to change my mind about the line, lol, but I am glad this one worked out and it is perfect for me. Smiley Happy