Respected Contributor

Laura Geller Sale -(Limited time)

[ Edited ]

FYI @Beauties     Woman Happy

I just noticed Laura Geller 50% off:

on  ViewYourDeal

Im guessing this was posted yesterday Monday.

Not sure how long this Monday post is at this 50% off price.

Enjoy!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Sale -(Limited time)

I just now saw a tv commercial w/Laura Geller advertising her beauty products and her website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn @Mz iMac 

Thanks for the heads up !  I went on her website....40% off and free shipping over $50.  Nice brushes there too !

Go through Rakuten today ( ? Tomorrow ? ) for additional

10% cashback.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

I randomly saw Geller's.commercial and visited her website for the first time. The giant banner tells "up to 60% off everything plus an additional 10% off" with a code. I ended up getting a few things for a great price.

What I don't like and find rather shady is the weird little 15 minute timer on the banner. It infers that the sale is over in 15 minutes and you'd better hurry or you'll miss a deal. It is totally bogus and akin to lying saying the thing you are considering buying is the last one. Amazon pulls that on a lot. Shop for 16 minutes and the only thing that happens is the timer runs out. The sale continues. Also every time you go to the site it resets to 15 minutes.

Mind you, the sale is real so take advantage if you want. Just ignore the timer. 😏

Respected Contributor

I was debating on ordering from Laura's site but since QVC has free shipping I'm thinking of getting a set here instead.  Has anyone tried the Double Take Foundation?  I used to use the Baked Elements - liked that but it was discontinued, and I wanted to know how they compared.  Plus some reviews said this one runs a little light.  I could use both Fair and Light in Baked Elements (Fair in Balance n Brighten years before that).

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I was debating on ordering from Laura's site but since QVC has free shipping I'm thinking of getting a set here instead.  Has anyone tried the Double Take Foundation?  I used to use the Baked Elements - liked that but it was discontinued, and I wanted to know how they compared.  Plus some reviews said this one runs a little light.  I could use both Fair and Light in Baked Elements (Fair in Balance n Brighten years before that).

@sueinsf  - the sale on Laura's website got me today - I ended placing two different orders. LOL  I tried the Double Take Foundation and it was too full coverage for me.  It didn't feel heavy on my face or anything like that, it was just too much coverage.  That somehow doesn't make much sense.  Maybe I put too much on?  Anyway, just wanted you to know that it is more full coverage than her Balance n Brighten.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf  - the sale on Laura's website got me today - I ended placing two different orders. LOL  I tried the Double Take Foundation and it was too full coverage for me.  It didn't feel heavy on my face or anything like that, it was just too much coverage.  That somehow doesn't make much sense.  Maybe I put too much on?  Anyway, just wanted you to know that it is more full coverage than her Balance n Brighten.

Thanks @JudyL.  Interesting but some of the reviews say it is light coverage. One even said she used it over her liquid foundation!  But you know how mixed reviews can be.  One says it doesn't settle in lines and another says that it does.  Some say it is drying others don't.  I would love to know how it compares to the Baked Elements but you haven't tried that.  That one worked pretty well for me. I don't think I need full coverage, but maybe I can apply it lightly.  I might just have to try this and see what I think.  Can always return I suppose. 

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

Thanks @JudyL.  Interesting but some of the reviews say it is light coverage. One even said she used it over her liquid foundation!  But you know how mixed reviews can be.  One says it doesn't settle in lines and another says that it does.  Some say it is drying others don't.  I would love to know how it compares to the Baked Elements but you haven't tried that.  That one worked pretty well for me. I don't think I need full coverage, but maybe I can apply it lightly.  I might just have to try this and see what I think.  Can always return I suppose. 

@sueinsf  - I have not heard of the Baked Elements.  It could be that I felt it was more full coverage because I went in a bit heavy handed.  LG's website does have free returns so if it doesn't work for you, it certainly wouldn't be a problem to return.

Honored Contributor

I'd like to try the Laura Geller line but picking a shade is difficult.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I'd like to try the Laura Geller line but picking a shade is difficult.

@Mom2Dogs  - are you wanting to try her Balance n Brighten or something else?  As a reference, I am a light neutral skin tone and I wear her Light in BnB and can wear the Medium but need to be a bit careful as it can get dark.  Since I have both shades, sometimes I will mix the two.  But the Light is the best shade for me.