Frequent Contributor

Laura Gellar Baked Radiance Concealer; anyone?!

Cannot seem to locate reviews online anywhere and am so interested in the coverage, wearability, etc.  Anyone?  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Gellar Baked Radiance Concealer; anyone?!

I was very curious about this product as well. I have dark under eyes (hereditary) that need covering, so I am very careful about what I apply as a concealer. I stay away from highlighting the dark areas, so for me this concealer seems like a contradiction. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelesGirl wrote:

Cannot seem to locate reviews online anywhere and am so interested in the coverage, wearability, etc.  Anyone?  Thanks.

You won't find reviews because Laura said it's a new item.  I ordered the medium in this.  I figured the light would act like a highlighter, but when I saw the medium used in the demo, it looked just right for me.  Hopefully, this product will work.  I love trying new things.  

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that product is making its debut today on QVC, therefore no one has seen it unless they have inside connections to beauty products before they hit the mass market.  The concealer is not even on Laura's own website yet.  

So far today I've not been able to see any of Laura's shows so I've missed the presentations, but I trust Laura with concealer and may give it a try.  In other Geller concealers I've been Medium Deep. I see this one was not made available in that shade so I have to decide whether to go with Tan or Deep.  Her shades called Deep however tend to be too red for me.  

Trusted Contributor

It's new today, hence no reviews. I prefer to wait until I can read reviews and test a product in person before purchasing. BE has a new concealer out a well. My favorite is IT undereye corrector. Totally covers dark circles.

Frequent Contributor

I like It as well.  Cle de Peau is also wonderful and very dense (not to mention very $$) as well as a new one from NARS but am ALWAYS on the hunt for something new and full-coverage.  This new LG one looks very full coverage but also seems to color correct, so what the hey, I ordered it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't want obvious brightening in my concealer. I could definitely see it in the presentation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was impressed by the demo as it didn't look as thick and sticky as the IT Bye Bye Undereye.  I haven't ordered yet, but it's probably only a matter of time...LOL  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I ordered it because I am a confirmed MU addict....but I like what Laura said about concealers, and the new thought process. We were told for years to choose one three shades lighter than our skin tone.....well, when I was in college and had dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, I noted that the concealer actually made my skin a shade of gray. Makeup artists have known this little factoid and are just now catching up with it in their manufacturing process. I recently purchased the Eve Pearl salmon concealer, and it really delivers. A little does indeed go a long way. I know it sounds crazy that I am buying the Laura Geller as well, but I swear my skin changes from day to day. I will give this a try...

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I ordered it because I am a confirmed MU addict....but I like what Laura said about concealers, and the new thought process. We were told for years to choose one three shades lighter than our skin tone.....well, when I was in college and had dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, I noted that the concealer actually made my skin a shade of gray. Makeup artists have known this little factoid and are just now catching up with it in their manufacturing process. I recently purchased the Eve Pearl salmon concealer, and it really delivers. A little does indeed go a long way. I know it sounds crazy that I am buying the Laura Geller as well, but I swear my skin changes from day to day. I will give this a try...

Poodlepet2

Good luck on that quest, Poodlepet2.

I think that the undertone of the concealer is very important, maybe more than the actual shade. For years I used LG's Real Deal concealer in medium. Now I use It Cosmetics BBUE in their medium. Until I compared the two, I didn't realize how orange the LG was and more neutral, maybe even slightly cool the It Cosmetics medium is, at least on my skin.

While the It product is maybe a tad too light for me, it brightens up the area much better than did LG's, which was too warm for me. So yes, I don't want the at gray look, but I also don't want to look as if I'm jaundiced.

One thing that helps even things out is if I apply a bit of Bobbi Brown Pale Yellow powder or just some of my foundation powder over the concealer, which of course helps set it, too.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland