Respected Contributor

Lashes do not look natural on the IT Cosmetics program.

They look like spider legs. This is not an attractive look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lashes do not look natural on the IT Cosmetics program.

A lot of the models are using eyelash growth serums and it always creates weird spider lashes or lashes that curl so much they look like a flower bursting open around the eyeball.

Respected Contributor

I certainly am NOT A FAN of the mascara that IT offers.  The other products I've tried in the IT line are great - but not that mascara !  Spider legs for sure!

Respected Contributor

I have the mascara....I don't like it at all.      I like Benefit They're Real much better.

Honored Contributor

I've yet to see any mascara demo from any product line on any shopping channel that doesn't cause the models to have spider lashes, too thick, too clumpy lashes, lashes that looked overly caked with product, etc.

My lashes don't look like this from those mascaras I have tried.  I think they put way too much on to show what you can do with your lashes, not necessarily how you will wear mascara everyday.   

Esteemed Contributor

I always wonder if the models are wearing lash extensions on beauty shows. Not that they are obvious since they are not but who would be the wiser? That includes all beauty shows.
Honored Contributor

They definitely go to the extreme. I recently saw a show Ready To Wear on HSN , and they were demonstrating his mascara-the fiber one, and oh my goodness the models lashes looked horrible!!!!!!!!!It was way overdone and way too much product on over and over and over......It did not make me want to purchase the product for sure!Same with some not all but some of the Lancome presentations......Too much!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:
I always wonder if the models are wearing lash extensions on beauty shows. Not that they are obvious since they are not but who would be the wiser? That includes all beauty shows.

Many people. I have several friends who get lash extensions and you can tell they have them, just like you can tell who is using the lash growth serums.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@TY wrote:

Many people. I have several friends who get lash extensions and you can tell they have them, just like you can tell who is using the lash growth serums.

I agree, ChynnaBlue.  Lash extensions are pretty obvious.  Sheila is one model who I believe has been using lash growth serums; she used to have very sparse, short lashes and over the past year or more, they have gotten very, very long and she's being selected for almost all the mascara demos on the Q. 

Honored Contributor

I use RapidLash and I don't think it looks obvious at all.  I do like the IT mascara, but I use it more as a primer.  One coat.  Followed by one coat of Tarte.  If I get any clumping, I use a lash comb.  

I do think they over-do it on the models.  Probably too many coats.  I'm not sure why they think we want that awful look.  

I am obsessed with Harris Faulkner's (Fox News) eyes.  Too bad my eyes are small and round.