Trusted Contributor

I like the idea of enclosed transparent acrylic boxes/drawers to store my makeup, but I'm not paying $200 for one.  Does anyone know of alp you cheaper alternatives?  I like the idea that they are enclosed.  I do not like my makeup to be in the open in the bathroom.  But I do like to be able to see it.  I store it in a drawer now but forget what I have and would like a clear storage case for my most used products.

Any suggestions?  I'd even spend $50, just not $250...

Honored Contributor

Re: Knock-off Glamboxes?

[ Edited ]

Lock & lock?  Lori Grenier has a really nice looking make up box but it's more than $50.  I'm always seeing boxes like you describe on Zulily...not daily but often.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Lori Greiner has transparent makeup boxes for $40.  H207183

Respected Contributor
I buy all my clear chests of drawers at Homegoods. They are about $13 and they are fantastic.
Trusted Contributor

The Container Store has acrylic trays and some boxes. Of course, not exactly like the Glamboxes.  If you type in acrylic boxes and also look in the bathroom section, I found many trays there.  Here is the link for the hinged box that is on the acrylic box page.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/acrylic-square-hinged-lid-box/d?productId=10031027&q=acrylic boxes

Respected Contributor

I was just on Amazon looking for the same thing! I can't imagine paying $250 for such item and am on the hunt for a good replacement. I will keep an eye on this tread and report back my finds. I might hit the container store tomorrow. 

Trusted Contributor

The Lori Greiner one might be the one I order.  I'd like one piece instead of several smaller boxes, but will you let me know what you see at the Container a Store @Sunnycorle? I was thinking more in terms of one "chest" like the Glam boxes where everything is visible and accessible.  I feel like there was a plastic company (started with M maybe?  Short word?) that sells acrylic chests and such but I can't remember who posted about them and how to figure it out.  I'll take the Lori Greiner version for $40 is I can't find anything else.  We don't have any of these Homegoods or Container Stores next to me and our Marshalls is so picked over I rarely find anything great.  I'm stuck shopping online for this sort of item.

Honored Contributor

I have this one from Amazon, and its great to hold a lot of my makeup 

http://www.amazon.com/Ikee-Cosmetics-Lipsticks-Organizer-Removable/dp/B00MFX4B3C?ie=UTF8&keywords=Ik...

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Contributor

Right now they have 30 percent off on them at glamboxes.com.  If you go to facebook you will find the code

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

The Lori Greiner one might be the one I order.  I'd like one piece instead of several smaller boxes, but will you let me know what you see at the Container a Store @Sunnycorle? I was thinking more in terms of one "chest" like the Glam boxes where everything is visible and accessible.  I feel like there was a plastic company (started with M maybe?  Short word?) that sells acrylic chests and such but I can't remember who posted about them and how to figure it out.  I'll take the Lori Greiner version for $40 is I can't find anything else.  We don't have any of these Homegoods or Container Stores next to me and our Marshalls is so picked over I rarely find anything great.  I'm stuck shopping online for this sort of item.

muji