Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Novak did hear the cruel comments

I'm sorry, Kim Novak spent years in Hollywood and knows how cruel and gossipy that town and the public can be. Many female stars have been raked over the coals about their looks /weight for decades.

Her face did indeed look dreadful.No reasonable person would say her face looked good.

Valued Contributor

On 4/18/2014 tigriss said:
On 4/18/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/18/2014 Dublingrl said:
On 4/18/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/18/2014 Dublingrl said:

I have no idea who this is...

Kim Novak or Donald Trump? Smile

Kim Novak was a glamorous and very well-known actress in the '50s and '60s.

Donald Trump is a [fill in the blank].

Before my times. If she was a good actress, maybe I'll check out some of her films on Netflix. I did love Grace Kelly in "To Catch a Thief"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I figured as much, which is why I almost told you to shaddup. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

She was just incandescent in "Picnic," the movie adaptation of William Inge's famous play. I don't know how well the movie would go over today, whether it would be dated, but I loved it -- a handsome stranger arrives in a small Midwestern town.

My friends and I (very young at the time, I'll have you know) loved her in "Bell, Book, and Candle."

Oh how Bell, Book and Candle was such a great movie! She was just gorgeous in it. Her figure, height, beautiful skin, her body movement, her portrayal of the character.....yep actors in those days had talent!

Let someone bash Trump in public, then he'll call for their head on a platter! Just joke about his comb over! He'll scream for nation wide action for such terroristic comments....big, spoiled baby!

She was great in Picnic and Vertigo. I don't recall seeing Bell, Book and Candle but will have to check it out on Netflicks.

I will keep my thoughts about Donald Trump to myself.

Super Contributor

People are so mean and she still is beautiful........she is 81......my goodness.......most people will never look as good as she does not when they are 55 and 65...........bullies no doubt and I can't believe Donald said anything..........for sure money does not buy class and shame on people who speak bad of anyone. I am glad she came out and talked about it.

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 ellaphant said:

I'm sorry, Kim Novak spent years in Hollywood and knows how cruel and gossipy that town and the public can be. Many female stars have been raked over the coals about their looks /weight for decades.

Her face did indeed look dreadful.No reasonable person would say her face looked good.

I don't think she looked dreadful........she is 81...........this post should be taken off if people are going to keep running her down. Who looks as nice as her at 81? Her meds also put weight on her too.

Valued Contributor

what are fat injections?
Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Rainbows and Roses said:

People are so mean and she still is beautiful........she is 81......my goodness.......most people will never look as good as she does not when they are 55 and 65...........bullies no doubt and I can't believe Donald said anything..........for sure money does not buy class and shame on people who speak bad of anyone. I am glad she came out and talked about it.

Very nice, Rainbows and Roses.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think there is a fine line between a tactfully stated opinion when asked,or not asked, and a reality show "tell it like it is", no holds barred opinion. These reality show opinions never seem to address the issue, they attack the person personally.

For some reason many people feel their personal opinions are fact, that being, if others don't agree....they are nuts, and flat out wrong. At times some people feel this life, and everyone in are are entitled to to a reality show critique of their life, their looks, how they spend their money. They react to people like we should confront people them with their shortcomings. Please, if I come out of the bathroom with toilet paper trailing out of my skirt, TELL ME!! If you don't like my skirt, and I ask an opinion, please tell me why you don't like the skirt. But I don't see the need to tell me I am too fat, too skinny to wear a skirt, and it is so out of style I should have known better.

Not all people do this by any means. Most people offer their opinion when asked, and usually tactfully. When not asked, they offer an opinion and suggestion with love and caring thought.

There is a line a respect, IMO. I think someone of KN's age, accomplishments can just be given a gentle pass. I think everyone agrees, maybe she was a tad over done for her age. But when you get closer to her in other pictures, she looks fine. It is her choice. She has so much more to offer.

Another thing, celebrities have access to the best surgeons, and money is not often an issue. I think, it is not often a case of bad surgery, just the patients bad choice of procedures. There are those clients who insist on "tight" work, and more filler than necessary. They either communicate poorly with the Doctor, or they just insist on certain procedures. Unless it is something the Dr does not do, or cannot do ...they do it. If they don't, the client finds someone who will do what they want. This has happened. I personally know a Doctor who refused to do work on someone, because he felt it just wasn't going to pan out in the long run. In the case of Meg Ryan and Melanie Griffith, their look is their choice. Maybe they are addicted to ps? I do know now a days Doctors who have a steller reputation send clients to a psychiatrist for evaluation before they do more sugery, because if they are constantly wanting surgery, there is a deeper issue than wanting to freshen up. They will never be happy. I heard this is the case with Melanie Griffith. Who really knows though.

Super Contributor

This is the most hypocritical thread I've read in a long time. Everyone so up in arms about how Donald Trump had no right saying what he did, how hurtful he was, how the nastiness was everywhere, how much his comment must have hurt.......

Yes it was wrong, but he was just giving his OPINION, right? I mean what he said is no different than what goes on in these forums every single day with the comments made about the hosts and vendors.

Carry on..........

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 jaxs mom said:

So it's bullying her to attack the incompetence of her plastic surgeon? She freely admits that she had the work done and frankly who ever her Dr was should be sued. As should Melanie Griffiths. There is nothing wrong with aging, or with gaining weight. But plastic surgeons shouldn't make you actually look worse than you would have without the work.

Its bullying an 81 year old woman to say anything negative about her looks. Its cruel, its unnecessary and heartless. Come to California lady there are a lot of worse looking Plastic Surgery Jobs walking the streets of Westwood and Beverly Hills. How would you like your grandmother talked to like this? Hurting little old ladies isn't nice get it?

Valued Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Rainbows and Roses said:

Rainbows and Roses, I have to agree with you about Kim and the rest of what you wrote. ~Peach