Honored Contributor

Re: Kat Von D or MAC Best Shadow?

I have the gray and purple quads and love them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

KatVonD!! My favorite eyeshadows are Makeup Geek, but I have MAC and KVD and my vote goes to KVD and TooFaced as my next favorite. Those are my top 3 for blending, and color payoff. I have some good MAC e/s but I have a couple duds. 

I still need to fill my MUG palette up @wvumountiefan! Just can't decide what to try first! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I guess it's almost tie, we'll do both this Holiday season and I think I'll opt out of the Lancome kit and EL kit, trying something new....I like new.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

KatVonD!! My favorite eyeshadows are Makeup Geek, but I have MAC and KVD and my vote goes to KVD and TooFaced as my next favorite. Those are my top 3 for blending, and color payoff. I have some good MAC e/s but I have a couple duds. 

I still need to fill my MUG palette up @wvumountiefan! Just can't decide what to try first! Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze  I started with Peach Smoothie, Beaches and Cream with MUG, and I have expanded from there. I just ordered one of her new highlighters. I'm so excited to get it. 

Respected Contributor

Too Faced and Makeup Geek are the best that I've used.

Trusted Contributor

Viseart...without a doubt are the very best eyeshadows that I have ever used.  I love Kat Von D as well and Mac for certain colors that are difficult to duplicate - both are great quality but NOTHING beats Viseart!

Respected Contributor

Speaking of Viseart, this might be interesting to some of you.  It's Zabrena (youtube beauty guru) comparing her $80 Viseart palette to a $6 Beauty Gems palette.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l2Q2ve0Vc8

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32
Thanks for the heads up! Now I just need to find where I can buy beauty treats
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling

Haven't tried her shadows but will be ordering her quad in pinks/plums.  Love the matte palette.

Also, her lippies have 5-star reviews, so I'm going to spring for a shade in the Studded collection.

PS - back to MAC - I bought a shadow and lippy a couple of years ago.  The lippy was soooo drying and the shadow changed on me.  Could be my body chemistry, but have not gone back to the line.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:
@Mellie32
Thanks for the heads up! Now I just need to find where I can buy beauty treats

I believe they're at Five Below stores.