Respected Contributor

Kat Von D or MAC Best Shadow?

Best Shadow?    Application?  Color?   Wear?

Let the experts help me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kat Von D or MAC Best Shadow?

I haven't tried any Kat Von D shadows. I like MAC and Urban Decay. They both have a great selection of colors and are high quality. If I could only use one palette for the rest of my life, it would be the Urban Decay Naked palette.

Super Contributor

I've never used MAC, but I love KVD. Her shadows are very pigmented and very little if any fallout. The only time I notice fallout is on a few of her metals. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

I havne't use MAC either, but I do really like the Kat Von D shadows I have. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have used both and much prefer Kat Von D. I never did understatnd the draw of MAC as I had alot of issues with the colors translating how they look in the pot to how they actually look on and with fallout, even with primer. I don't feel MAC shadows go on as easily and evenly as KVD. But that is just my experience and personal preference.

Respected Contributor

I really love Mac shadows...they stay all day..never crinkle on lids and do not flake all over at all. I had an eye make over from them and the make up artist explained everything he did. He also dampened the brush for even more pigmentation..buts that's optional. If just want to go fast, I put them on dry...just as nice.
Respected Contributor

KatVonD!! My favorite eyeshadows are Makeup Geek, but I have MAC and KVD and my vote goes to KVD and TooFaced as my next favorite. Those are my top 3 for blending, and color payoff. I have some good MAC e/s but I have a couple duds. 

Valued Contributor

Love Kat's quad shadow set. I have 3 out of the four. All mattes and they go on smooth and blend well too. 

Respected Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Love Kat's quad shadow set. I have 3 out of the four. All mattes and they go on smooth and blend well too. 

I have the quad in the Rust color and it is beautiful! I want the green and purple one also. Kat Von D packaging is so unique! Love it!

Valued Contributor

You will love the purple. I use the Smoke most of all. They are easy to carry.

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Lally wrote:

I have the quad in the Rust color and it is beautiful! I want the green and purple one also. Kat Von D packaging is so unique! Love it!