Honored Contributor

Re: Just makes you wonder..........

When I do my make-up these days, my brows take longer than my whole face. White hairs, hairs that stick straight up, and some bare patches Ah for the days when my brows were easy, no care.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

When I do my make-up these days, my brows take longer than my whole face. White hairs, hairs that stick straight up, and some bare patches Ah for the days when my brows were easy, no care.

@QVCkitty1 Except for facial hair removal, making up my brows takes the longest! I've been trying to let them grow in over the last several months---been over-plucking them for years---and I'm starting to realize why I over-plucked in the 1st place!!!! They curl, they wave, they stick up and/or out, and some of them are like wire!

But...I'm grateful to "have" eyebrows at 62.  Lots of women have lost at least the tail part by this age.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

And need I mention that the faster your scalp starts showing from losing the hair on your head the faster your moustache grows.

Sooooo true. I already have a friend lined up to take of that should I end up in a nursing home. I work in a nursing home and a few women who are still with it have a family member or "good friend" take care of this weekly. I do it daily but at that point I will have to take what I can get. 

I have already told my granddaughter that if I wind up in a nursing home her job is going to be to TAKE OFF my moustache and PUT ON my  eyebrows. I should buy an extra emjoi epislim 18 and an extra eyebrow pencil to stash away just in case. and oh yeh a joan rivers hair powder thing. she can keep me looking ship shape that way. oh but wait, she's also going to need some concealer and foundation for my face redness and some......oh to heck with it.

It takes a lot to keep us "natural" looking.

Trusted Contributor

Cute thread! FYI...my sisters MIL fell a few weeks ago and had surgery, she is inpatient rehab and they have an onsite beautician that will wax for $6 and my aunt lives in an independent living facility that is based on income, they also have this service available for the residents along with $5 mani and $8 pedicures. I was pleasantly surprised that they provided this service because they can't get around easily and are on very fixed/low income. So maybe if y'all go to a facility they will have this great service available:-)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have thick eyebrows and eyelashes.  Now my eyebrows are sparse, mostly white, and stick straight out.   I firmly believe that every hair I lose or pluck from my brows and lashes just moves down to my upper lip and chin.

And all of you who have said if we shave, the hair will NOT come back as black and wiry are fibbing to the rest of us.  I'm very fair -- after I shaved the peach fuzz on my upper lip once, my hair there now comes in fast, black, thick, and, really, you could pull a stagecoach with those thick, black hairs on my upper lip.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo....

My lip and chin still grow back fast but they are blonde hairs. They have never been darker.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I'm happy for you, @NativeJax.  If I don't use my little mini shaver once a day, my upper lip would look like Tom Selleck's in about a week.    Getting old ain't for sissies.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must say though that since I've been using the Emjoi EpiSlim I've begun to notice a big difference w/the moustache issue. Before getting it I could wax (I used Surgi-Cream Microwavable) 3 times a week and get plenty of hair each time. I got the EpiSlim last July and either it destroys some of the hair at the root or if it's because it pulls it out at the root or whatever the reason may be I find I have way less hair showing and have to use it less and less frequently. I have a 10 times magnifying mirror so I know for sure that there is way less hair cropping up on a daily basis. Some times I see none for several days in a row then all of a sudden I'll see 4 or 5 but that's about it. Prior to using it  I could find a bunch every day.

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I used to have thick eyebrows and eyelashes.  Now my eyebrows are sparse, mostly white, and stick straight out.   I firmly believe that every hair I lose or pluck from my brows and lashes just moves down to my upper lip and chin.

And all of you who have said if we shave, the hair will NOT come back as black and wiry are fibbing to the rest of us.  I'm very fair -- after I shaved the peach fuzz on my upper lip once, my hair there now comes in fast, black, thick, and, really, you could pull a stagecoach with those thick, black hairs on my upper lip.

@tototwo Not necessarily fibbing...I don't know why yours came back that way, but I've been shaving/epilating my cheeks/chin/jawline for many years and never has any of my peach fuzz, or the coarser hairs, come back any faster/darker/thicker. What was blonde and/or soft has stayed that way!

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax. Mine are blonde too, but I use Sally Hansen Extra Stength Bleach (face & body).