Respected Contributor

Re: Just finished cleaning my makeup brushes and was wondering.....

@lolakimono wrote:

Dawn dishwasing (blue formula).

exactly what I have been using for years, works great.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee That's so cool!  Where did you get it and what's it called?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77,

Yes they are very cool! Many places online sell them and they have many names. Just search for "silicone makeup brush cleaner". That should get you there. Amazon has many.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't wash your makeup brushes every single time you use them.... eeuuwwww

I use my face cleanser or the liquid soap next to my bathroom sink. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

If you don't wash your makeup brushes every single time you use them.... eeuuwwww

I use my face cleanser or the liquid soap next to my bathroom sink. 

I don't wash my powder/blush brushes every time. Those I clean out about once a week. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Dawn dishwashing (blue formula).

Same here. 

I also plan plan to use a little doodad/brush cleansing tool. I should clean my brushes today to see if it works. It is a little silicone thing that fits on one's finger. It has little scrub is bristles on it. 

Honored Contributor

@sly1216 wrote:

I use Dr. Bronner's.  I prefer the bar soap, because it is easier and not as messy as the liquid, but the liquid works great, too.

I also use Dr. Bronner's liquid (peppermint) to clean my brushes. Dawn works well, too. Depends which one I happen to grab! I always have both on hand.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't use very many brushes. Mostly use sponges. But when I have to clean my brushes I use liquid soap, varies, and this wonderful mini silicone wash board. It really gets them squeeky clean.

HTB1cr7THFXXXXa1XXXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

This is the doodad I have! I'm glad to hear it works. Now to actually use it! all Mine is purple.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The quickest, most thorough wash I've ever put my brushes through involved Garnier cleansing oil.  Even the microfiber brushes with foundation all throughout the bristles came out sqeaky clean.  I was shocked.  Not sure why, but it melted the makup right off without drying out the brushes.  Nothing else has ever even come close.  And my real techniques sponges...clean as a whistle!

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Dawn dishwashing (blue formula).

Same here. 

I also plan plan to use a little doodad/brush cleansing tool. I should clean my brushes today to see if it works. It is a little silicone thing that fits on one's finger. It has little scrub is bristles on it. 

I have that little doodad and it does work.  I do like it.  I wish it was a bit bigger.  I lost mine at the moment and need to find it.