Esteemed Contributor

I have such a problem with this product , it's not that it doesn't work for my nails , it does. I have posted on it before,  but just saw it was on air and had to post again to see if Anyone else has had a problem with the oxygen duo in the pink and cream shade .Either shade is fine the first day then it turns this horrible shade of bluish/grey shade and looks just awful!   Have to remove it and start over ir just go ahead and put a color on ,  the julep color polishes are fine ,  it's just the treatment shades that turn on my nails!    

Ive even.called the company explained the problem I'm having,  would just like to see if anyone else has had this problem and if they changed there formula by chance cause when I first started with this line no problem.  This started last summer.   I suggested maybe medication is causing it even.   She said she would ask others there and check into for me and get back to me .   Only suggestion was buy directly from them instead of QVC cause maybe there supply is old  or is defective ...what?!  She never called me back !

so just wondered if any of you. Julep users have a problem with the polish turning color? 

And if so is there anything you did to,prevent it?    I've tried putting a white or light nail shade under first ,  still happens.  Thanks for reading😺

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Julep very strange ......

I won't continue to use this if you are getting this kind of reaction. It sounds like your nails are reacting to some ingrediant in the formula. It could be doing harm to your nail. That would be my guess. I have all types of allergies and allergic reactions to any beauty items.   

Esteemed Contributor

Oh I would stop using for sure if my actual nails turned that color.  It is only when the polish is in ,  I take it off and my nails are fine ,  pink with white tips so I don't think it's harming me , just is reacting to something Or the polish has an ingredient that for some turns it a strange awful shade.   I too have many allergies so I k niw what you mean about that.  I am careful with any beauty products.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore, if you are having that reaction, then stop using it.  I only have the pink and am not having any problems.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I had this problem with an Essie "strengthening" nail polish.  It went on beige, but turned more and more purple with every passing day.  And not a good purple.   I tossed it.

My complaint about Julep (as stated in another thread) is that 2 different Julep colors are going onto my nails the exact same color.  Don't know if it's my nails or the product.

I'll add that so far I like the Julep strengthening polish. It's only been a week.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt