Trusted Contributor

Josie Maran Argan Exfoliating Powder

Anyone use this exfoliating powder?  I have been intrigued by it for awhile now...  Is it very abrasive?  I have very sensitive skin but want something that will polish the dead skin off...

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Exfoliating Powder

I find it drying to my skin. Plus gritty.   I use Paula's choice BHA 1% for exfoliation - it's not drying to my skin and I have extra dry skin. 

Regular Contributor

Although it gets very high reviews, I too found it drying. It can be abrasive depending on how much water or oil you add to it, but my skin felt way too tight after using it. I tried it about a month (using it twice weekly), but couldn't handle it anymore.

Respected Contributor

I got this in a kit and I really like it. I use it with water and is thickens really nicely. I find it very soothing and not gritty at all but I have oily skin. I like how soft my skin is afterwards; not red or irritated and sometimes my skin gets sensitive. I'm very fair and haven't had any issues with it.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I followed the directions for mixing with water but thought it was kind of messy doing it. Otherwise I didn't think it was too abrasive. 

Trusted Contributor

I use it occasionally. It does a good job exfoliating and does not dry out my skin. It has a pleasnat light scent. I appreciate that Josie's products contain mostly natural ingredients. Beautypedia gave this product a "poor" rating becuase they say it is too abrasive.

Esteemed Contributor

I received one full size in a kit last summer and actually was going to give it to a friend, because I have redness for many hours when using 'any' exfoliating products.

Having very sensitive skin and I dare not use anything more than a soft tee shirt fabric washcloth. I have 3 that I bought.

But, I tried Maran's powder ....very fine powder on the back of my hand WITH some creme cleanser. TESTING!

NEVER ALONE with WATER, though for ME, though!

I sprinkle a very small amount in to the creme (or whatever you use to remove dead skin cells). No irritation -no burning or red scalded look. I use only Two Times a week and massage it on then remove with warm water and a very soft cloth, turn the cloth over and do a double removal, then rinse/splash with warm water-pat dry. Her exfoliating powder melts and there is no `residue-like (beads) left. So soft; rough dead skin is sloughed away. Hope this helps. 

NAES

Super Contributor

I find my skin is too sensitive for it.  I've been just using on my hands.  I much more prefer the Amore Pacific finely ground enzyme exfoliator.  That is an absolute amazing experience!

Valued Contributor

I use it only once a week, sometimes longer and only with the oil. I don't think I would use it with water, I would agree that would be too drying.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried JM's exfoliating powder, but I would like to make another recommendation - Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant.  An aesthetician I went to years ago used it on me.  I used it for awhile and then I forgot about it when I ran out.  I was really glad to discover it again last year.  Look for it on eBay or Amazon.  There are two on Amazon; one for about $34.50 and the other for $35, both with free shipping.  It may seem a little pricey, but it really lasts a very long time and it's super gentle to my skin.