Super Contributor

I am interested in trying this oil and was wondering if their is anything in particular I need to look for to get the best quality oil. If any of you have any brand recommendations or sites to buy from that would be great. I am fairly new to oils and doing my own experimenting to find the ones that work best for my skin. ThanksSmiley Happy Michelle

Honored Contributor

I have tried several brands and the one I like the best is NOW foods organic jojoba oil. It is the lightest one I tried in terms of absorbability and the least amount of scent. I get it from iherb or amazon or wherever it is on sale.

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2014 HappyDaze said:

I have tried several brands and the one I like the best is NOW foods organic jojoba oil. It is the lightest one I tried in terms of absorbability and the least amount of scent. I get it from iherb or amazon or wherever it is on sale.

Thanks HappyDaze! I did notice this one on iherb.

Super Contributor

jojobacompany.com sells cert. organic, unrefined, cold pressed, cruelty and pesticide free.

It's the one that I like the most and works well for me so I continue to use. It isn't really inexpensive, but typically a little jojoba goes a long way. I've read that jojoba prices have increased over the past year, but what hasn't! They often offer shipping specials.

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2014 magemay said:

jojobacompany.com sells cert. organic, unrefined, cold pressed, cruelty and pesticide free.

It's the one that I like the most and works well for me so I continue to use. It isn't really inexpensive, but typically a little jojoba goes a long way. I've read that jojoba prices have increased over the past year, but what hasn't! They often offer shipping specials.

Thanks! I'll check out their site.

Contributor

I get mine from GNC.

Contributor

I've been using Trader Joe's for years. Wow, actually thinking back, it's almost a decade. While my skin is showing its 59 years, looking at others, I'd say not bad. I use the jojoba oil with approximately 10% castor oil added. Best/gentlest makeup remover, pore cleaner and moisturizer EVER!

Respected Contributor
I like Desert Essence and NOW. I think you can get both at Whole Foods? They are both available at a local health food store for me, but I've also purchased them online with other items from iherb.
Frequent Contributor
On 2/3/2014 HappyDaze said:

Another vote for NOW organic jojoba oil. You can also get it on the ground at your local health store.

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2014 Mizona said:

I've been using Trader Joe's for years. Wow, actually thinking back, it's almost a decade. While my skin is showing its 59 years, looking at others, I'd say not bad. I use the jojoba oil with approximately 10% castor oil added. Best/gentlest makeup remover, pore cleaner and moisturizer EVER!

I am planning on ordering some castor oil too. I will have to order online since the nearest Whole Foods is 45 mins away and have never seen a Trader Joe's (live in NC). Do you mix the jojoba with castor oil to moisture or just when you are cleansing?