Valued Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Great Hair Day

If her blonde is too dark for you and her light blonde too light, you can use her Great Brow Day on your hair too in the Blonde/Light Blonde. It's a tiny compact but if you don't need to cover a lot it will last you a while. It's more of a medium warm blonde. I wish she made that color in the large size. Amazon has this so cheap at $5.95 for the blonde and $4.95 for the brunette with brush, but you need to order $25 in add on items to get the free shipping. Brush is useless though.

Link

Super Contributor

Joan Rivers hair product is the BOMB!! No smell at all !

Honored Contributor

I am going to Sallys to get the Claudia Stevens hair powder for $10, worth trying.

Respected Contributor

I use it at my temples and it works great. I use it everyday.

I got my compact a few years ago and when I first took it out of the QVC package I could smell it before I even opened the product package. Oh it was BAD! It stunk to high heaven. It was pretty horrible and I could smell it in my hair. It took months for the smell to go away, but it did.

I think getting a stinky one isn't a given, they seem to be few and far between but they are out there.

Respected Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Tique said:
On 4/17/2014 BeautyAddiction said:
On 4/14/2014 mousiegirl said:

Adrienne, from the other channel, has a great product, better than JR, but is applied in the same way.

I have JR and have used it for years but recently ordered the SCA and like it even more. Got the light brown for my brows and med/dark for my hair.

BA would you compare the two of them since you've used both. Thanks.

They are very similar but I like the colors of the SCA. Used the Blonde in JR which was too light for my hair and brows. The light in SCA is a little darker and perfect for my brows and the medium is perfect for my light brown hair. You also get a little more in the container. The only thing it does not have the spoolie thing to brush your brows but I have a ton of those. I also think it lasts longer on my brows and in my hair. Hope that helped.
Respected Contributor

On 4/14/2014 Shelbelle said:

Try the one from Sig Club A for less money or even better the one from Sally's called Claudia Stevens for only $10.

Is Claudia Stevens to cover gray hair or cover the scalp? I have been using the tween stick to cover gray but would much rather use powder. I have tried Joan rivers but I don't think it worked at covering roots.
Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 aprilskies said:
On 4/14/2014 Shelbelle said:

Try the one from Sig Club A for less money or even better the one from Sally's called Claudia Stevens for only $10.

Is Claudia Stevens to cover gray hair or cover the scalp? I have been using the tween stick to cover gray but would much rather use powder. I have tried Joan rivers but I don't think it worked at covering roots.

It is a pressed powder just like SCA and JR. You can see it on the Sally's site. It is for scalp and grey.

I use the Tween stick for many years, I like it.

Honored Contributor

Claudia Stevens Cover That Gray Fill-In Powder

5.0/5 (1)
Respected Contributor

I've used it for several years of my scalp and roots to extend the time between root touch ups at the salon. I have not experienced and crumbling or smell at all. It works on my medium golden brown hair and I love it. It is more of a 'flat' color but since I just use a little on my roots, it's not a big deal.
Regular Contributor

I use this product every day. Would not be without it!!

I use it in my hair part, and also to cover some grey around my hairline.

It looks completely natural. Highly recommend it.