Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Great Hair Day

This product has been on my "must have" list for years. Makes my hair look much fuller, and it definitely will cover "some" gray hair. It's not made for that, but I've noticed that I can do a touch up after styling my hair and the gray stays covered. I know two different ladies who use it on their brows, and it looks good. Amazing how well this powder stays in place until you take it off.

I've seen some ladies here complain about odor and cracking of the product. I've gone thru numerous containers of this product and have never had that experience. The product has absolutely zero smell, and it's such a soft powder I don't know how it could be hard enough to crack. Makes me think they are not using Joan Rivers, but a dupe.

Valued Contributor

This product DOES crumble somewhat, but it does what I need it to do so I can live with this weakness. I DO use it to cover grays and it does it beautifully. I just gently comb it through once applied for a more natural application look. It does it well.

Frequent Contributor

I have used this product and it doesn't have any smell at all. It does what Joan Rivers says - fills in where you need it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it. Have been through 3 trays and need to order more. I use the dark blonde even though my hair is a medium brown. Very nice product. I have never noticed a smell.

Contributor

Every time I use it, I thank Joan for her great product! I use it in between colorings to cover my gray hair. I find that it works on both my hair and scalp. I have not noticed an odor.

Valued Contributor

Love it, wouldn't be without it!!!!!!!!!!

To me there's no offensive smell at all and I've had no problem with crumbling. It works perfectly, just as advertised.

KK

Super Contributor

I have been using it for years! It's the best thing since sliced bread! It goes on easy, doesn't run and doesn't come off on my pillow case. Will never be without it!

Unless you have very dark hair, I advise using the dark blond. My hair is medium brown with blond highlights and that's the shade I use.

Also, my hair stylist recommends this for many of her customers.

Trusted Contributor

Can't be without this product. I use the blonde, I have dark brown hair. It does cover my grays and the trick I use is instead of the brush, I rub a tissue over the compact and rub what's on the tissue over the places I show gray (mainly my bangs). It covers the gray and lasts all day. I love this to fill in the scalp when I wear my hair swept up or in a ponytail. I don't notice a smell and it lasts a long time.

Super Contributor

I use a cotton ball instead of the brush for application. I just swipe it across the product and then dab the cotton ball whereever I have scalp showing through.

I would use the brush for eyebrows though!

I am afraid to use this on my brows--does it REALLY stay on w/out flaking...running or smearing??

Respected Contributor

I like this product. I use it to cover roots. Works very well.