Super Contributor

Today I wore Lime, Basil and Mandarin - wow - lots of compliments....then I read about this fragrance and it's made for men and woman... Any feedback....

Honored Contributor

If you wore it and liked it, and received compliments, who cares if it's unisex?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

Today I wore Lime, Basil and Mandarin - wow - lots of compliments....then I read about this fragrance and it's made for men and woman... Any feedback....

@hondagirl, a lot of Jo Malone fragrances are promoted as unisex. I have Lime,Basil & Mandarin and really like it but usually mix it with Orange Blossom or Grapefruit to lighten it up and give it a more feminine note. Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@hondagirl,  That's the fragrance I started off with and now graduated to Pomegranate Noir and Blackberry & Bay.  Lovely scents and at Nordstrom you can get samples of the scents you want.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I am happy for those that can wear Jo but I can not. Nothing smells nice on me of hers.

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for her Lime Basil & Mandarine nor the Blackberry & Bay on me, they are too masculine, but I do love her Mimosa & Cardamom and English Pear & Fresia perfiumes & I have the French Lime Blossom & Peony & Blush in candles which I also love.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Contributor

Not that this has anything to do with whether or not you like the fragrance.  But Jo Malone sold to Estee Lauder.  She is not involved with that company.  I believe she has started up again in London.  Here is an article.

Wear whatever  you like, life is too short!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3797451/I-sold-identity-sake-son-biggest-mistake-life-Perfum...

Honored Contributor

I wrote to Jo Malone 3X to ask if they now tested on animals since Estee (always an animal tester-won't switch to humane process) Lauder now owns them. No reply. That tells me they do. Pity, I like these fragrances. I guess maybe all perfume is tested on animals but it would be a mass undertaking to find out.

Valued Contributor

Hi Hondagirl 

I love unisex fragrances . To me its an unexpected surprise when people catch a whiff of it . I used to use JoMalone , but no longer since I went cruelty free . My favorite fragrances are florals: Lily of the valley , gardenia and rose but I also like to switch it up with unisex ones . 

have a great weekend 

Honored Contributor

My friend wears Blue Agave and Orange Blossom, both lovely on her.