Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer always says all she EVER uses is Bobby Brown cosmetics

Isn't Pearl new?    I certainly never heard of it.  Maybe Jill found something to switch to?

I'm rarely care what the hosts say they use -  My skin has lived a longer and totally different life from that of any of the hosts or models.  I listen to the supposed benefits of an item and to the how to's and then I try.  I've been lucky over the years never to have been allergic to anything I tried. 

I have found some favorites along with some things I've used up but would never order again, but I couldn't begin to say which host talked me into trying any of the products.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@june22 wrote:

She he can not say enough about Bobby Brown and has worn it for years and years exclusively.......she idolizes BB....

Now she is wearing and gushing over Eve Pearl.

I  think they should have had someone else host the Eve Pearl Hour as to not make Jill off as  unbelievable.  

Or hosts should not say they all they wear is one brand ... keep that to themselves.

june22 --  Giving her the benefit of the doubt, it's entirely possible that Jill didn't use anything but BB cosmetics .... and then suddenly last week she tried some other stuff.  

This happens to regular women all the time .... well, except for me ..... I'm not brand loyal with cosmetics and have never stuck to an entire line ... there's just too much good stuff out there that needs to be sampled!   LOL

italia8140 --   Haughty?    Seriously?    Jill is an articulate and knowledgeable woman, but that doesn't make her "haughty".

YES, SERIOUSLY. IMO, SHE IS.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill is not the only offender..They all are from time to time,when it comes to Hair & Beauty Products...Marybeth is one of the BIGGEST offenders.. When she's on with Philosophy,she uses that,when she's on with Dana from Dr Perricone,she swears by that and just the other day,she was on with the Tatcha lady and she said she just ried that and LOVED IT and will be using that...Kersten is also all over the place...A few months ago QVC was selling a Flat Iron and it was suppose to be the best..Well Kersten was selling it and she goes into SCRIPT and says she owns this and uses it all the time..WHAT? You swear by the Perfector,you only use that..you own 2 of them..Maria McCool is your hairdresser and infact she was on with Maria on Sat and stated just that...So Kersten.which is it?Oh and one more thing..On Saturday Kersten was on with a new product..It was an Airbrush Foundation machine..and she proceeds to say..This is the Machine and Foundation that is used on all the Hosts everyday...So, when on air they don't use Laura Geller or IT or Josie Maran or any of the other STUFF THEY SELL.. She looked straight into the camera and said..If you want to look like us,YOU NEED TO BUY THIS! 

Honored Contributor

Jill has never claimed that she uses BB exclusively. 

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

How about we give the hosts a pass when they are selling beauty products?  Just picture them with their fingers crossed behind their backs for telling that little white lie.  And Eve Pearl, wasn't that line on SNBC?  Or Evine?   

Hi depglass!! Yes, she used to be on SNBC; she had way bigger kits for much cheaper prices!! 

Frequent Contributor

BB hasn't been on in ages.  I surely thought she'd be on in the spring with a tsv, but she never was.  I wonder if she's coming back to the Q.

I think that the women hosting beauty shows (not just the models) should have to wear the product they are selling.  Then they can say how they like what they have on, but should never reveal what they wear "all the time' due to the large variety of products offered.  Otherwise, I agree they should have certain hosts for certain brands.

Super Contributor

And Shawn always says the only lipstick she wears is a custom on by Doll 10.

Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't Jill a Prescriptives devotee?

I refuse to single out Jill as an offender when ALL the hosts use this sales tactic to get the consumer to open her wallet.  

Honored Contributor

I have no difficulty believing that Jill primarily uses BB. So what if she tried the Eve Pearl and liked it? I'm always trying new (to me) products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

Wasn't Jill a Prescriptives devotee?

I refuse to single out Jill as an offender when ALL the hosts use this sales tactic to get the consumer to open her wallet.  

Since when is a host liking or using something a sales "tactic"?   

PERSONALLY, a host saying they use/have a certain product has NEVER caused me to buy that product.

My needs and wants aren't automatically identical to the hosts',  so why would I care what they use?   I'm not a "sheep that follows blindly" ......  so maybe I just answered my own question ....  LOL