Super Contributor

Re: Jamie from IT cosmetics....

On 7/16/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/14/2014 hyacinth003 said:

If only she would STOP saying "it's so special."

Hyacinth Wink

Most vendors have their quirks, no need to single Jamie out. Jamie says something is really special. Chaz says WEN performance is insane. Josie does that sultry "mmmm" as she rubs the oil on herself. The Philosophy ladies have some descriptions that are "out there". Mally shouts and can be off color at times. And so on.....

One vendor states no glitter in the products. Oops, that's $h****.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/14/2014 hyacinth003 said:

If only she would STOP saying "it's so special."

Hyacinth Wink

Most vendors have their quirks, no need to single Jamie out. Jamie says something is really special. Chaz says WEN performance is insane. Josie does that sultry "mmmm" as she rubs the oil on herself. The Philosophy ladies have some descriptions that are "out there". Mally shouts and can be off color at times. And so on.....

Yep, I agree. I know some ladies started a WEN/Chaz drinking game back in June (GALLONS!) and threw out phrases that you would take a drink for. I don't think anyone bothered with "insane" or "insanely" because everyone would be under the table 10 minutes into the show.

Super Contributor

IT Vitality Lip Flush Stain, is the bomb. Isn't drying, wears well and the real kicker, does NOT melt in my pant pocket like Fresh lip products. I ordered San Hose' Quevervo...can't spell correctly, but the off-white color, in the pic.

No cons for this product IMO.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 golfcartrider said:

"Hate on me" is used by those that want to voice an opinion and not get hateful backlash because of it. For instance, the poster said that she does not like the "It" cosmetics lady for various reasons and I respect her opinion BUT there are posters that will come in and be snarky and chastise her.

The "Hate on me" poster responders are vicious.

I didn't see any "vicious" responses. But then, I think that the posters who feel it's necessary always to add a disclaimer to their comments, which are usually of a very critical nature, seem to think that ANY response qualifies as "hateful backlash."

Fact is, ALL of us have the right to say whatever we want, within the guidelines; but none of us has the right to go unchallenged.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Sunshine Kate said:
On 7/14/2014 Tissyanne said: Jamie seems to be a true professional, offers outstanding products at fair prices, and is a very pretty woman. No yelling, screeching, over the top with her.

Fair prices? I like IT Cosmetics, but IMO as well as Paula's, her products are pricey.

It's relative. Paula's skincare seems to fall somewhere in between good drugstore brands and high-end brands, probably leaning more downward than upward.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 7/16/2014 Southern Fried Chick said:

IT Vitality Lip Flush Stain, is the bomb. Isn't drying, wears well and the real kicker, does NOT melt in my pant pocket like Fresh lip products. I ordered San Hose' Quevervo...can't spell correctly, but the off-white color, in the pic.

No cons for this product IMO.

I like it, too. Most stains are SO drying, but this is very moisturizing. It's WAAAY better than Fresh colored lip balms, IMO. Fresh balms can't take ANY warmth- they just melt into a big expensive mess!

Jamie is so pretty & seems extremely sweet!

New Contributor

All the "saleswomen" have their own spills that they repeat.....Jamie is no different....and I feel like some bother some viewers and some don't.....some others bother others...it is just the nature of the beast. I myself am not watching Susan Graver any longer, I have heard her interrupt the host when they are talking and talking over them when they are giving colors and updates.....and she repeats "we love this", "this will never cling to your back", and "these trousers fit perfectly, see on me, they fit like they should"....just as if everybody buying them is HER size..it is beyond funny. And some of the hosts have everything, and it makes me wonder if they had to buy it all at full price as we viewers do, how much would they have? A perk of the job for sure. But they are entertaining, you have to give them that....should give out awards for that too.

Valued Contributor

On 7/16/2014 golfcartrider said:

"Hate on me" is used by those that want to voice an opinion and not get hateful backlash because of it. For instance, the poster said that she does not like the "It" cosmetics lady for various reasons and I respect her opinion BUT there are posters that will come in and be snarky and chastise her.

The "Hate on me" poster responders are vicious.

THANK YOU! I wrote that caveat because every time my opinion or experience differs from the majority or even a few very vocal posters I get a backlash from Snarkville!! It's unnecessary, I don't practice that nonsense and from now on I'll post my opinions and leave it at that (no slang necessary)! There's a difference between disagreeing and mutual bashing. There is always room for everyone's opinions but ZERO TOLERANCE for the time & space waste of Personal attacks. OVER WHAT? MAKE-UP & COSMETICS??????????
Esteemed Contributor

No customer service contact numbers on the company's website implies that customer service is not a priority. Sending out freebies to YouTube bloggers and having them promote the products in this Community also makes one question the vendor's sincerity. She's done a good job creating the "nice gal" TV persona, but I take everything she says with a grain of salt. The other day I was at Ulta and put all of those samples on my hand like she demonstrates, but I was able to rub them off with little effort unlike the way she demos them. Many of QVC's beauty demos are just smoke and mirrors.

Respected Contributor

On 7/16/2014 wildcat fan said:

No customer service contact numbers on the company's website implies that customer service is not a priority. Sending out freebies to YouTube bloggers and having them promote the products in this Community also makes one question the vendor's sincerity. She's done a good job creating the "nice gal" TV persona, but I take everything she says with a grain of salt. The other day I was at Ulta and put all of those samples on my hand like she demonstrates, but I was able to rub them off with little effort unlike the way she demos them. Many of QVC's beauty demos are just smoke and mirrors.

I have been saying that about the smoke and mirrors for awhile now. You can tell when she is rubbing that she is not actually touching the hand. There are so many ways for the vendors to mislead us and they know them all.

Don't worry, be Happy!