Regular Contributor

JULEP nail polish: anyone have this happen?

I have been using the Julep Oxygen nail treatment and it's great: polish stays on,nails aren't peeling,perfect soft,sheer light pink color--but the polish is already getting gloppy and thick,and this bottle has been open only about two months! Did I get an old bottle or is this brand just prone to thickening up faster? Anyone else notice this? Thanks xoxo

Honored Contributor

Re: JULEP nail polish: anyone have this happen?

I was a Julep Maven and thought the quality of the polish was nothing special. I too found it became gloppy after a short time. My girl complained about the bottle shape when she'd try to stand it. It also holds less than most name brands.

I hated the way they bundled the colors. I never liked all the colors in any category. I would have preferred they allow you to choice to or 3 colors each month.

I quit after going 3 months in a row canceling.

Honored Contributor

Just add some thinner and it will be good as new. Most of my treatments and top coats get goopy quickly because they're open and exposed to air the most often.

Frequent Contributor

Polish thinner should work. I tried the maven box and cancelled after the first one. The polish looked horrible on the second day. It was cracking and dull. Haven't tried the oxygen treatment though.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the Julep for this reason also. I have some OPI that last forever and never get gloppy.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies,Beauties. Guess I'll stick with my old standby Sally Hansen from now on. xoxo