Esteemed Contributor

Re: It cosmetics just sold to L'oreal

‎07-22-2016 03:44 PM

Wow..so disappointed IT cosmetics sold out to L'Oreal.  Brands are never the same quality when they sell.  Gonna start looking for another brand. Never any loyalty to the customers who made them famous

Wow that stinks.   I think Bare Minerals was never the same after it was sold.  So sad! 

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone who says they wouldn't sell for that much cash because of loyalty is lying. I have a few things I like. I like both cc creams and the by by pores powder. I hope formulas don't change.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

the Philosophy perfumes is my biggest disappointment........a watered down version of the beautiful original.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

the Philosophy perfumes is my biggest disappointment........a watered down version of the beautiful original.

Oh yes.....so agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

‎07-22-2016 03:44 PM

Wow..so disappointed IT cosmetics sold out to L'Oreal.  Brands are never the same quality when they sell.  Gonna start looking for another brand. Never any loyalty to the customers who made them famous

Wow that stinks.   I think Bare Minerals was never the same after it was sold.  So sad! 

Brands are never the same once they're bought out-- I always thought part of the reason for the sale is for the larger company to scale down the competition.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW!!!! ..... good for Jamie .... I wish her to best of luck .... I used some of her products mainly the mascara's ..... for 1.2 Billion I would have sold the company also!!!! ....that is a LOT of money ... I wonder how much she will see after all is said & done?  😄

Honored Contributor

Good for Jamie!! Time to stock up, the formulas always change. 😞

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

WOW!!!! ..... good for Jamie .... I wish her to best of luck .... I used some of her products mainly the mascara's ..... for 1.2 Billion I would have sold the company also!!!! ....that is a LOT of money ... I wonder how much she will see after all is said & done?  😄

I wonder, too. I read the article and it mentions the partners involved so does she get a percentage of it? All cash... wow, again!

Trusted Contributor

Very disappointed.  Another one bites the dust. I will not buy products that test on animals. 

Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Wow-Philosophy, Bare Minerals, Tarte and now It.............

Where is the loyalty to those who made them rich?

There is none....make the money and sell out-

If these companies that these women nurtured and grew and kept a watchful eye over meant anything to them...they have a funny way of showing it.

JK received an "offer she couldn't refuse" from the "godfather" of cosmetic companies.